• Aug 7th, 2020 10:03 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2421 posts
449 upvotes

[IKEA] Ikea Office Chair - JÄRVFJÄLLET - $169.99

Ikea Office Chair - JÄRVFJÄLLET - $169.99 - Regularly $209.00

With arms is also on special for $199.99 https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/jaervfjael ... s79297197/

I bought a Markus a month ago and am really enjoying it: https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/markus-off ... -90289172/ $169

I'm quite tall, so I enjoy the tall back and head support.
53 replies
Nov 5, 2019
17 posts
5 upvotes
Anyone have any experience with this chair? Been in the market for a new computer chair
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2421 posts
449 upvotes
miltpalicio wrote: Anyone have any experience with this chair? Been in the market for a new computer chair
I have the Markus and really enjoy it. I had wait for stock at the store and rush there to get one before they sold out.

I believe the JÄRVFJÄLLET is the newer version. I had read about the differences when looking at the Markus, but couldn't justify the extra money, but it wasn't on sale at that time. Here is a Reddit thread I found discussing some differences:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IKEA/comments/ ... C3%A4llet/
Feb 4, 2007
62 posts
8 upvotes
pswart wrote: I have the Markus and really enjoy it. I had wait for stock at the store and rush there to get one before they sold out.

I believe the JÄRVFJÄLLET is the newer version. I had read about the differences when looking at the Markus, but couldn't justify the extra money, but it wasn't on sale at that time. Here is a Reddit thread I found discussing some differences:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IKEA/comments/ ... C3%A4llet/
+1 for the Markus. I've had mine for a few years. The mesh back is great, especially if you don't normally have a cooled room in the summer. I'm on my desk a lot and this chair is really comfortable, its held up really well too, no issues over the past 2-3 years. I am 6' 180lb and my head rests comfortably on the padding. Mind you I have the leather version of the chair, I can't speak on behalf of the fabric ones.
Sep 16, 2012
620 posts
441 upvotes
GTA/London
The Markus is better than this chair- I bought it right before COVID started and the cushion is way too hard- would not recommend it unless you like sitting on a rock.

The arms are also terrible - but maybe the fabric one is better?

Eitherway, I'm returning mine after upgrading to a Leap haha
💳: Amex Pers Plat, Scotia Amex Gold, Rogers WE, CTFS WE, Brim WE
May 31, 2012
404 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
I have this chair, and found it more comfortable than the Markus because of the stiff wider seat for sitting cross-legged and adjustable headrest (Although the headrest could use more adjustability/be removable all together). Obviously best if you can sit in both to try for yourself.

What sucks about both is the armrest it comes with are awful (But I am fine with not using any).
Saving on banking, phone, and credit card with Tangerine, Zoomer, and American Express! 😃
May 27, 2018
33 posts
15 upvotes
Waterloo
It’s a shame that it’s seemingly out of stock everywhere.
Apr 19, 2012
649 posts
166 upvotes
TORONTO
How are the lineups at ikea?
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1764 posts
365 upvotes
Does anyone know if you place an order for in store pickup do you have to wait in line or do they bring it out to you?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1011 posts
375 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm in the market for a new office chair but I have hardwood floors that I don't want to damage with wheels, I understand IKEA chairs have different sized castors but I wanted to get gliders for whatever chair I get. Does anyone have any suggestions for an IKEA chair?
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1256 posts
691 upvotes
ottawa
Next123 wrote: How are the lineups at ikea?
To get in? Not bad.

To return or exchange something? Hell on Earth.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7456 posts
4943 upvotes
Canada
Tried both and Markus seems a bit better. But both have pros/cons.

Jarv: better backrest (wraps around body), adjustable lumbar/headrest.
Markus: better seat, cheaper

Armrest sucks on both, Jarv is hard plastic. Markus feels like a basketball, but it's still not padded/soft.

They need to make a new version with the seat of Markus, backrest of Jarv and padded armrest.
Sep 3, 2019
360 posts
201 upvotes
GTA
miltpalicio wrote: Anyone have any experience with this chair? Been in the market for a new computer chair
I have the fabric version.

I personally prefer a softer seat as I have a flat bottom. Also the back leans back a more than I like - the shoulders end up a few inches behind the butt if I sit straight.

Now looking to upgrade 9 months in. On a good note, it did slow down my piriformis syndrome and sciatic nerve compression
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2421 posts
449 upvotes
rage2021 wrote: i went to vaughn location last night around 7-9. pretty small crowd vs normal - no lineups.

for this chair is it really worth it vs some $200 executive bonded leather chairs? i.e https://www.staples.ca/products/2263720 ... hair-brown
Everything I've ever read seems to indicate the bonded leather never lasts and cracks over time.

I have the material version of the Markus.

I also like the arms, but I guess I'm not used to padded arms.