Expired Hot Deals

[IKEA] Ikea Office Chair - JÄRVFJÄLLET - $169.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2020 10:03 am
Sep 3, 2019
415 posts
252 upvotes
GTA
DaveProductions wrote: The Markus is better than this chair- I bought it right before COVID started and the cushion is way too hard- would not recommend it unless you like sitting on a rock.

The arms are also terrible - but maybe the fabric one is better?

Eitherway, I'm returning mine after upgrading to a Leap haha
I'm looking to upgrade too, though I'm not sure to which chair. Did you find the Leap on sale?
Dec 12, 2004
109 posts
79 upvotes
Scarborough
Debonair wrote: Does anyone know if you place an order for in store pickup do you have to wait in line or do they bring it out to you?
You park your car in the designated pickup parking spot. There's a sign in front of the parking spot with a number that you should text giving them your name and order number. You wait in the car and they will bring it out to you. They will check your id. This is what happened to me at the North York location.
Sep 29, 2004
226 posts
6 upvotes
GTA
Next123 wrote: How are the lineups at ikea?
Had been to Etobicoke and Burlington on Sunday 26th July and it was really long lines.

Went back to Etobicoke on Friday 31st before it opened and even though there was a long lineup, we were inside within 5 mins of opening.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1572 posts
656 upvotes
Toronto
I have the Markus, and even though it was great for many years, until recently with all the WFH and having to sit in it for a long time I start to not like it.
I find the fabric too slippery, so after a while, I'll start to slide down and slouch.
And I can't adjust it so that the seat bottom could slant back (to prevent slide forward) and yet keep the back up right, the entire bottom and back gets adjusted.
Jul 8, 2014
328 posts
175 upvotes
AB
I have this char, it was on sale for $99 and the arm rests were $30 when i bought it (black leather) . I've been using the chair for 8+ hours a day since working from home in March. Overall i am happy with it. Its not a herman miller, but it gets the job done.
Images
  • Capture.PNG
Last edited by damatick on Aug 6th, 2020 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 25, 2017
34 posts
17 upvotes
Seems to depend. The Burlington store on a Saturday on one of the hottest days of the year was a zoo. The line was snaking around the side of the building/ parking lot and not looking to be moving very quickly, somewhat reminded me of Wonderland ride lineups. Was a hard no for us. I hear the online pickup order slots are hard to come by too, hearing stories that you have to be online at midnight ready to checkout
Debonair wrote: Does anyone know if you place an order for in store pickup do you have to wait in line or do they bring it out to you?
The Burlington store had a big tent set up in the parking lot with pickup bays. When we went, there wasn’t anyone waiting for pickup. That seemed for vehicle loading
Apr 19, 2012
656 posts
168 upvotes
TORONTO
barqers wrote: To get in? Not bad.

To return or exchange something? Hell on Earth.
How bad are the return lineups? Was planning to make the trip out and pick this chair up and return something else lol
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
3531 posts
2848 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Returns are fun.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/10 - 1x Koodo 35/7 - 1x Fido Data 0/3 🢀
May 12, 2012
618 posts
684 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I'm sitting on mine right now. The biggest difference is I purchased it for$129 on sale last year August. This is NOT a hot price. I also picked up a second open box one at the time for $100. Just a heads up for those of you guys who are curious. The chair is good, the price, not so much.

Edit: I purchased mine without the armrests as I do not require them. The sitting position is quite upright (which I prefer as I have always made a conscious effort to maintain a healthy seating position). This chair will be uncomfortable/inconvenient for those who are not used to this sitting position. In addition, the seat is on the larger side, meaning shorter persons, or those with shorter femur lengths, will have difficulty with this chair. For reference, I am 183cm (5' 11"), average limb length, and I have to position the chair in its lowest/2nd lowest setting to get the angle of my knees in a comfortable position (100-120 degrees).

Hope this helps any of you.
Last edited by Ferny111 on Aug 7th, 2020 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 30, 2017
12 posts
4 upvotes
Since there seems to be multiple agreements that the armrests on this thing suck, would there be any other model of armrests that are interchangeable? I pretty much agree, just by looking at the product photo that they aren't going to be comfortable, but at the same time I'd still like to have a set of armrests. Maybe a memory foam attachment/cushion on top??
May 4, 2016
28 posts
6 upvotes
I bought this chair last year after trying it at the store. I had to return it because the tilt mecanism broke within 2 days. However, I did not like it much so I got a refund instead of a replacement.

Notes if you consider buying this:
1) The cushion is not really comfy from my experience, it is more on the firm side;
2) You have to sit in a really upright, "clean" position, which is good for working and posture, but not ideal for gaming, relaxing, watching movies;
3) The price has been lower in the past if you are not in a rush.

If you are comfortable with the points above, it might be a good chair for you.

I suggest you try it in-store if it's possible (maybe impossible due to COVID restrictions).
Jun 1, 2011
14 posts
8 upvotes
I attempted to order the chair online today and it is out of stock in North York, Etobicoke and Vaughan, meaning the click and collect option is unavailable. When I called in, the rep said it is not available for delivery either (white/beige colour not available, not sure about others).

For people asking about how the lineups are at IKEA, they can be horrendous on weekends. I've been to the North York location twice in the last 2 months on a Wednesday and a Friday. I'd recommend getting there 30 mins before opening or 30 mins before they close. Once you're in, its quick and easy - no line-ups to pay. But warning that you're not allowed to backtrack from the marketplace to the showrooms upstairs in North York, so make sure you have everything before entering the marketplace.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14161 posts
26587 upvotes
Scarborough
tdotc wrote: You park your car in the designated pickup parking spot. There's a sign in front of the parking spot with a number that you should text giving them your name and order number. You wait in the car and they will bring it out to you. They will check your id. This is what happened to me at the North York location.
How long was it from when you texted to when they showed up with your order?

I'm getting tired of waiting for the Staples Hyken to go on sale so I might pick this up instead.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].