Expired Hot Deals

[IKEA] Ikea Office Chair - JÄRVFJÄLLET - $169.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2020 10:03 am
Dec 12, 2004
109 posts
79 upvotes
Scarborough
TomRFD wrote: How long was it from when you texted to when they showed up with your order?

I'm getting tired of waiting for the Staples Hyken to go on sale so I might pick this up instead.
The last time I went was July 17 and I was the only one in the pickup parking spot. It took between 15 and 20 minutes which felt quite long. Some cars came after me and got their orders before me. Maybe because my order contained 2 tables or maybe because it was around noon (lunch time).

The previous time I went for pickup before July 17 it didn't take more than 5 minutes.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14150 posts
26570 upvotes
Scarborough
tdotc wrote: The last time I went was July 17 and I was the only one in the pickup parking spot. It took between 15 and 20 minutes which felt quite long. Some cars came after me and got their orders before me. Maybe because my order contained 2 tables or maybe because it was around noon (lunch time).

The previous time I went for pickup before July 17 it didn't take more than 5 minutes.
Thanks for letting me know! I don't mind waiting 20 minutes but I vaguely remember reading somewhere that it took some people over an hour, which is not something I want to put myself through.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Dec 12, 2004
109 posts
79 upvotes
Scarborough
TomRFD wrote: Thanks for letting me know! I don't mind waiting 20 minutes but I vaguely remember reading somewhere that it took some people over an hour, which is not something I want to put myself through.
The return line you will definitely wait over a hour.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
2891 posts
720 upvotes
Mars
damatick wrote: I have this char, it was on sale for $99 and the arm rests were $30 when i bought it (black leather) . I've been using the chair for 8+ hours a day since working from home in March. Overall i am happy with it. Its not a herman miller, but it gets the job done.
wtf! they jerk up the price to 279 and now sell to us at 169 as a "big discount"? and it's not even in stock. I just got off the phone with a rep who can't even speak clearly. told me the delivery is 20+ bucks, and they won't deliver to store for pickup. told me none of the store in CANADA has the 169 in stock, only the black one for 279 is in stock. charging me 110 for different colour? screw ikea.

did you get it at ikea or costco?
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11481 posts
4630 upvotes
Ikea is a furniture outlet ... with Tangerine MasterCard you would get 2% cash back if have Furniture Category selected among your Tangerine categories.

Does anyone know if buying at Ikea online with a credit card (say Tangerine Mastercard) would still give you 2% cash back (via Furniture category) ... or it won't? (because maybe furniture category would change to some "online" category) ....

Example of this would be Walmart ... -- Walmart physical stores generally fall under Grocery Merchant category ... but if you go to Walmart.ca -- you are not going to get Grocery Merchant category there (online) if you purchase from Walmart.ca
Jul 29, 2019
236 posts
179 upvotes
pswart wrote: Everything I've ever read seems to indicate the bonded leather never lasts and cracks over time.

I have the material version of the Markus.

I also like the arms, but I guess I'm not used to padded arms.
The instruction manual doesn't show there are arms so it seems strange to me that all the other images have no arms and the only one image has the arms.
Jun 20, 2020
6 posts
1 upvote
i bought this chair for a home office last year in summer - as a person who get back pain , i can happily recommend this chair
Dec 29, 2012
162 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Can you test these chairs out in store? Never been to ikea.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4495 posts
2927 upvotes
If you can't pronounce it, you don't need it.
Dec 26, 2015
18 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I was going to purchase this chair but after looking at some YouTube videos, I think it’s best to probably just wait for a sale at staples.
Oct 14, 2015
314 posts
265 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Just my two cents but I got a MARKUS 3 yrs ago. It has been the best real office chair I've ever owned.
It is still as rock solid as the day I brought it home.

At the time of purchase I tried all 3 of the contenders the MARKUS, JÄRVFJÄLLET, and Staples HYKEN chair. If your going to slog through an IKEA lineup try them all.
But I sure you see the MARKUS is head & shoulders above the rest and a clear winner.
See all the previous threads.

You have my deepest sympathies - IKEA lineup . . . shit might as well do a COSTCO on a saturday.
(:
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1264 posts
693 upvotes
ottawa
Next123 wrote: How bad are the return lineups? Was planning to make the trip out and pick this chair up and return something else lol
Honestly took about 1.5 hours and people were complaining about people going in the 'shopping' line and sneaking into the return line to cancel online orders. It was quite the fiasco lol...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2441 posts
466 upvotes
VanillaDonut wrote: The instruction manual doesn't show there are arms so it seems strange to me that all the other images have no arms and the only one image has the arms.
Attaching the arms is the very last step for the Markus.

The chair I linked to doesn't come with arms, you buy them separately, or buy the one that is bundled with the arms.
Mar 7, 2008
13 posts
6 upvotes
oakville
Similar to other poster, had the markus for 5 years, good while it lasted. Only issue was that the cushion started to have a permanent indent. Possibly due to weight and sitting crossed legged. Longer hours got uncomfortable with the wfh situation and the ever growing imprint of my bottom ("permanent memory foam"). Sold it on kijiji, buyer said they were willing to refurbish it.