• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2021 12:10 pm
[OP]
Nov 29, 2003
437 posts
488 upvotes
Mississauga

[IKEA] Ikea AS-IS Online Circular Hub allows search your local store

Just learned that you can now search for some AS-IS items ONLINE for your local store and then reserve them. It gives some details as to the condition, and if you click on DEFECTS you can see a picture of the actual item. You can even keyword search for items. Don't have all items online but still pretty cool! Discount amounts vary.

Thanks to @longroad for pointing out the DEFECTS photos feature.
Last edited by gory33 on Aug 21st, 2021 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
16 replies
Jan 22, 2015
677 posts
953 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Favorite part of shopping at ikea is discovering items in that section.
I feel this is going to increase the prices somehow.
Mar 4, 2015
61 posts
170 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Do ikea family members always get 25% off the as is section? Happened to me once at till automatically when I scanned my card. No idea if it was a one off or all the time deal
Oct 1, 2017
39 posts
92 upvotes
gory33 wrote: Just learned that you can now search for some AS-IS items ONLINE for your local store and then reserve them. It gives some details as to the condition, but you can't see the actual item. You can even keyword search for items. Don't have all items online but still pretty cool! Discount amounts vary.
When you click the item there is a defects section that will show the actual item. Thanks for posting!
Mar 26, 2007
295 posts
180 upvotes
I went to an IKEA store recently and it's apparent the online As-Is section only shows a subset of items. These items might be in pretty decent condition or nearly new because there's no way someone would buy something that was previously used without first seeing it. It depends on how tolerable you are about defects - and there's a wide range of defects.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
14541 posts
31239 upvotes
dealdealdealdeal wrote: Do ikea family members always get 25% off the as is section? Happened to me once at till automatically when I scanned my card. No idea if it was a one off or all the time deal
Never heard of this . Often bough stuff there and scanned card and never had 25% off .
Mar 2, 2016
752 posts
1083 upvotes
Toronto
Nice!
What's an "outgoing product" though? Is it a friendly product who would go for a drink with you? Eas y for it to meet new friends?
Koodo|Fido|Tangerine|EQ|AMEX|Plastiq|eBates|TopCashBack|Mr. Rebates|Great Canadian Rebates|RocketMiles
BRIM|AwardWallet|uber|Lyft|airBNB|uberEats|DoorDash|Skip the Dishes|Ritual
Jul 13, 2016
141 posts
311 upvotes
First thing I clicked on - microwave at 50% off because the box is torn. Thanks OP!
Oct 14, 2015
136 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto, ON
JamesPlomppy wrote: Nice!
What's an "outgoing product" though? Is it a friendly product who would go for a drink with you? Eas y for it to meet new friends?
"Outgoing product" means it's out of season or more likely it's not being sold anymore (either being replaced or no longer available).
Oct 14, 2015
136 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto, ON
newcan wrote: Favorite part of shopping at ikea is discovering items in that section.
I feel this is going to increase the prices somehow.
This will not increase the prices (unless corporate all of a sudden gets cheeky). The As-is section is always busy and a popular section of the store. They probably would have increased the prices already if it was the case. As far as I know, the pricing structure is pre-determined and based on the quality and status of the product (display unit, outgoing product, out of season, etc).
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
2083 posts
2623 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I love As Is. I used to work at Ikea, and you catch the best deals there since it's always changing and ymmv.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2008
1127 posts
1196 upvotes
What is there any return policy on these items?
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12435 posts
2179 upvotes
soupmaster666 wrote: First thing I clicked on - microwave at 50% off because the box is torn. Thanks OP!
Any chance that was Etobicoke? I returned a microwave with torn box a few weeks ago!
Dec 26, 2012
152 posts
86 upvotes
RICHMOND
No, they changed the policy. It can be returned. I have returned as-is items before

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)