[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3187 posts
2082 upvotes

[IKEA] Ikea sofa sale 20% off for family members

20% off all sofa's for family members

family membership is free.

picked up a $1000 froslov sofa for $799. great deals if you had your eye on one.
125 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1112 posts
580 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Bought a sofa bed on august 28, what are the chances I’d be able to get a price adjustment for it?
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3187 posts
2082 upvotes
patrickkc wrote: Bought a sofa bed on august 28, what are the chances I’d be able to get a price adjustment for it?
pretty good I would say. just tell them that if they dont want to do it you will rebuy it and then instantly return it with your old receipt.
Jun 2, 2007
447 posts
505 upvotes
Markham
patrickkc wrote: Bought a sofa bed on august 28, what are the chances I’d be able to get a price adjustment for it?
Extremely high. Just go on a weeknight when there's no crowd
Don't forget to like and subscribe! 😎👍
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2007
1218 posts
803 upvotes
Damn, I just bought an Ikea Friheten sofabed on September 10th.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4354 posts
5147 upvotes
GTA
riseagainstthemachine wrote: 20% off all sofa's for family members

family membership is free.

picked up a $1000 froslov sofa for $799. great deals if you had your eye on one.
Are the Froslov's seat and back cushions flippable? Looking for a firm seat, would it qualify? Did you look at the Landskrona, if so how did they compare? Thanks!
Aug 5, 2019
44 posts
34 upvotes
Bought kivik loveseat on September 15th :( I think I should try price adjustment!!! Should I become a family member before trying?
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3187 posts
2082 upvotes
Ccalico wrote: Bought kivik loveseat on September 15th :( I think I should try price adjustment!!! Should I become a family member before trying?
you can sign up online or in the store, its free. just provide them the membership number
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3187 posts
2082 upvotes
Kfox wrote: Are the Froslov's seat and back cushions flippable? Looking for a firm seat, would it qualify? Did you look at the Landskrona, if so how did they compare? Thanks!
no the cushions are not removable at all which might be a problem down the line i guess. My wife and I liked the look and feel better on the froslov more than the landskrona, 3 cushions vs 2 cushions.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3187 posts
2082 upvotes
psyh wrote: Extremely high. Just go on a weeknight when there's no crowd
not sure if anyone knows this but if anyone is on the east side of the city, its a good idea to go to the whitby pickup location. you can return and price adjust there and there is almost never a line at all
Jan 13, 2004
828 posts
40 upvotes
Markham
What's the time frame for price adjustment?
Mar 21, 2005
411 posts
298 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP. I brought a sofa online during the $19 flat rate delivery Monday and the sofa will be delivered next week. I will try to get a price adjustment once I have the sofa.
Jun 2, 2007
447 posts
505 upvotes
Markham
beserk1 wrote: What's the time frame for price adjustment?
Probably 1 year because they have a 365 day return policy if you're not satisfied. The idea is you go in to ask for a price adjustment rather than returning the old to buy again at the lower price, because it's just less hassle for both parties.
Don't forget to like and subscribe! 😎👍
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2006
1647 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
coolnut wrote: Thanks OP. I brought a sofa online during the $19 flat rate delivery Monday and the sofa will be delivered next week. I will try to get a price adjustment once I have the sofa.
I called to do the same. Was no hassle but didn't get a confirmation yet
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2009
1832 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto
krypton wrote: I called to do the same. Was no hassle but didn't get a confirmation yet
They did a price adjustment over the phone?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2006
1647 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
darkspider wrote:
They did a price adjustment over the phone?
Yes, and said I would receive an email with confirmation in 24 hours. It's been 48 hours and no email.

I assume you can price adjust over the phone online orders only.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2007
1218 posts
803 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote: go back and get a price adjustment.
*Valid October 17, 2019 to November 3, 2019. Valid for IKEA Family Members only. Valid in-store, online and at Pick-up and Order Points. While supplies last. No rain checks. Selection may vary by store. Offer not valid on previous purchases or items sold from As-Is department. Valid at IKEA Canada locations only. See IKEA.ca or your nearest IKEA Canada location for details. © Inter IKEA Systems B.V. 2019.

This is the issue. Should I go into IKEA and try to get a refund or should I just buy one at the new price. Take it out to the car and pretend to sit there for 5 minutes and bring it back into to customer service and return it with the old receipt and do all of this during the busy hours so no one will notice.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2006
1647 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
craeyon wrote: *Valid October 17, 2019 to November 3, 2019. Valid for IKEA Family Members only. Valid in-store, online and at Pick-up and Order Points. While supplies last. No rain checks. Selection may vary by store. Offer not valid on previous purchases or items sold from As-Is department. Valid at IKEA Canada locations only. See IKEA.ca or your nearest IKEA Canada location for details. © Inter IKEA Systems B.V. 2019.

This is the issue. Should I go into IKEA and try to get a refund or should I just buy one at the new price. Take it out to the car and pretend to sit there for 5 minutes and bring it back into to customer service and return it with the old receipt and do all of this during the busy hours so no one will notice.
Try to get a refund first
Dec 25, 2017
126 posts
136 upvotes
I bought a set of gronlid in July, original price. Went to a store yesterday, was trying to get price adjustment at the refund counter, and if they wouldn’t budge, I was planning to rebuy at lower price and return with the original receipt right on site. But it seemed surprisingly hassle-free. They refunded the price difference back onto my credit card, despite the original transaction was partially paid by a gift card. no questions asked, got around $150 back.

So it never hurts to at least give it a try. Just be nice to the cashier

craeyon wrote: *Valid October 17, 2019 to November 3, 2019. Valid for IKEA Family Members only. Valid in-store, online and at Pick-up and Order Points. While supplies last. No rain checks. Selection may vary by store. Offer not valid on previous purchases or items sold from As-Is department. Valid at IKEA Canada locations only. See IKEA.ca or your nearest IKEA Canada location for details. © Inter IKEA Systems B.V. 2019.