Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
IKEA

Ikea: Up to 50% off appliances

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2020 11:45 am
Oct 18, 2007
685 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto
We had a bunch of furniture delivered 3 weeks ago and was told by ikea delivery wont drop it inside our condo. However the guys delivering were ok with putting it inside, we told them to leave it at door and we would haul it inside the condo. We wanted to social distance and protect the delivery people as well as ourselves. So we were ok with the arrangement.

Since your parents are 75 i can understand where the delivery people was coming from.
Banned
Jul 25, 2017
1068 posts
425 upvotes
cool069 wrote: My elderly parents had a fridge delivered today but they live in a low rise building. They initially dropped it off in the lobby and refused to bring it to their door. They have no way of getting it up, my dad is 75. They finally agreed to bring it to their door but then refused to roll it inside their unit as it was not part of their job (it is literally 5 more steps). The fridge was also nailed to a wooden skid and they wouldn’t help lift it so the skid could be unscrewed, also said it’s not their job. In the end they called ikea for a refund since they had no way of getting it put in. I was coming to help as I figured something like this would happen but their scheduled delivery time was not adhered to...delivery was supposed to be from 1-5 but they showed up at 9 am. This is probably not an issue for most people but that was my experience. They also don’t haul away your old appliance.
So did Ikea refund you fully? Including the shipping cost?
Same thing happened to me today as they refused to bring it inside the house
Mar 6, 2019
237 posts
173 upvotes
leg3nd wrote: So did Ikea refund you fully? Including the shipping cost?
Same thing happened to me today as they refused to bring it inside the house
it's not that they don't want to do their jobs, this is all about about liability in case something gets damaged or someone gets injured while inside the premises. even co's that are equipped to do in-home delivery restrict their personnel to not unhook old appliances or tamper with anything they shouldn't be touching
Mar 6, 2019
237 posts
173 upvotes
fredsmith wrote: Last I checked, Ikea doesn't do 'compare at' and the $200 dishwasher is a Whirlpool in every sense of the word except it has no name on it. They sell it for the same $345 as everyone else does, so $200 is a very good price - the pump that went on my old dishwasher sells for more than I paid for the entire Ikea dishwasher - OK, it does't have the turbo zone and doesn't do steam, but I never used those features anyway.

I bought one because my 10 year old $1300 dishwasher gave up the ghost and I needed the appliance to be white - and this was the only white one they have - the standard warranties from everyone except Costco for regular consumer appliances are one year, Most of the Ikea items have 5 year warranties except the Lagan series, which has 2 years. So I paid all of $200 with a 4 year warranty (I used my Costco credit card to extend it to 4 years). And knowing that it was a relatively noisy unit (plastic tub) I used the sound insulation from the old unit since it was a branded whirlpool ad was designed for the series and was a lot thicker than the one that came with the Ikea.

I have no complaints.

I picked it up and installed it myself and it us running its first load of dishes.
to clarify, their price tags do not say "compare at" or anything of the sort. any reasonably saavy shopper can quickly recognize that their MSRPs are high and shouldn't be equal to or greater than price of the "comparable" name brand item. without having the two items side by side opened up, it is impossible to definitively illustrate what i am saying. this said, i would bet a sizeable amount that the ikea and comparable whirlpool are not made of the same components nor are they made in the same factory (and therefore shouldn't have the same sticker price), which is what my original point was. i actually think in your case, the comparable name brand product would likely be an amana (again, "made by" whirlpool but not to be confused as a genuine "whirlpool" branded appliance). i was never suggesting that the dishwasher from ikea wouldn't function properly.

on the subject of the costco M/C extended warranty...

I've tried to use it myself a couple of times and nothing but frustration was the result. in one instance the customer service rep told me coverage was extended to max of 2 yrs (not 2 additional yrs) and the second time, i was told only parts and labour covered (as per strict usage terms and conditions) not service calls and other expenses which the customer has to pay for. the fine print in the terms and conditions that come with card are very vague (by design). obviously, if you had to pay anything to get a $200 d/w repaired it wouldn't be worth it. Cap One is a horrible co to deal with and imho this so called extended warranty "feature" offered with their credit card is actually engineered to make even more money for them. as far as extended warranties (backed by credit card co's) go, I'd say the whole business practice is pretty shady. if, on the other hand, you buy a TV or other product you can easily transport yourself from costco that comes with 2 yr warranty through the store vs 1 yr at walmart or best buy, then the choice is obvious all other things being equal.