• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2019 9:54 am
[OP]
Apr 5, 2009
222 posts
330 upvotes
Vancouver

[IKEA] Ikea Wardrobe event 15% off Pax and accessories

In the last Ikea bedroom event, I saw that some people were asking about the wardrobe event and sale on Pax systems, so I'm posting this as a deal. If you're buying a whole closet system, you can also get Ikea to assemble all of your parts for you and you can just pick it up at a designated time within the next 3 business days. There's a fee but it's very nominal (like $5-10 at most Ikeas)

Also use the Pax planner: https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/planner/pax-planner/

Makes a great gift for your wife / SO!
13 replies
Mar 27, 2011
673 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the heads up OP, moving back to our home and doing some Renos so this might be on my wife's list.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
21617 posts
7521 upvotes
pinkrose398 wrote:
May 28th, 2019 10:43 pm
If you're buying a whole closet system, you can also get Ikea to assemble all of your parts for you and you can just pick it up at a designated time within the next 3 business days. There's a fee but it's very nominal (like $5-10 at most Ikeas)
For the smaller shorter ones? Sure.
But I can't imagine how anyone would move the larger one without destroying it. They're not held together with very much.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1045 posts
174 upvotes
death_hawk wrote:
May 29th, 2019 2:04 am
But I can't imagine how anyone would move the larger one without destroying it. They're not held together with very much.
Maybe you get bunch of small ones assembled and than you just merge them once they are all on your floor. For ex. there is no chance the 6-7 feet closet can go up my stairs and into my bedroom. Two to three feet ones - probably.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
21617 posts
7521 upvotes
darkesha wrote:
May 29th, 2019 2:16 am
Maybe you get bunch of small ones assembled and than you just merge them once they are all on your floor. For ex. there is no chance the 6-7 feet closet can go up my stairs and into my bedroom. Two to three feet ones - probably.
I was meaning the individual units, not the full assembled closet.

There's 3 different widths and 2 different heights. The shortest and skinniest might work, but anything from medium width and up would be a disaster.
Sep 26, 2018
23 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! I have an excuse to go for breakfast there now.
[OP]
Apr 5, 2009
222 posts
330 upvotes
Vancouver
death_hawk wrote:
May 29th, 2019 2:04 am
darkesha wrote:
May 29th, 2019 2:16 am
death_hawk wrote:
May 29th, 2019 6:23 am
I was meaning the individual units, not the full assembled closet.

There's 3 different widths and 2 different heights. The shortest and skinniest might work, but anything from medium width and up would be a disaster.
I was referring to the individual pieces of the closet. I probably shouldn’t have used the word assemble. I meant like ikea would grab all the individual parts for you and you go pick it up from checkout, instead of going to each row and getting the parts yourself. I designed a closet and there are 51 packages, so there’s value in me paying $10 and not having to go get each individual part.
Dec 7, 2016
53 posts
30 upvotes
Flat rate delivery is also awesome with Ikea. They delivered the entire closet of PAX up to my master bedroom. It was 6 of the wardrobes with 8 drawers and a lot of accessories.

The flat packs are really heavy and awkward to move, I was very happy that they carried it upstairs for me.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
21617 posts
7521 upvotes
pinkrose398 wrote:
May 29th, 2019 2:19 pm
I was referring to the individual pieces of the closet. I probably shouldn’t have used the word assemble. I meant like ikea would grab all the individual parts for you and you go pick it up from checkout, instead of going to each row and getting the parts yourself. I designed a closet and there are 51 packages, so there’s value in me paying $10 and not having to go get each individual part.
Oh... Yeah that makes more sense.
It's definitely a good hunt. Plus the actual PAX is pretty heavy.

Plus $10 for assembly seemed pretty cheap.

I think they actually do onsite assembly too but I'm pretty sure that's closer to $100 and not $10.
[OP]
Apr 5, 2009
222 posts
330 upvotes
Vancouver
realazy wrote:
May 29th, 2019 3:46 pm
Flat rate delivery is also awesome with Ikea. They delivered the entire closet of PAX up to my master bedroom. It was 6 of the wardrobes with 8 drawers and a lot of accessories.

The flat packs are really heavy and awkward to move, I was very happy that they carried it upstairs for me.
We opted to get delivery to home for this too. Flat rate of $99 was worth it for 400kg of stuff!
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3705 posts
1260 upvotes
Montreal
pinkrose398 wrote:
May 29th, 2019 2:19 pm
Another bonus of paying them to collect all the items is that you skip the normal checkout lines. When we did this it probably saved a 20 minute wait at the checkout (in addition to the time saved collecting the items).
Dec 4, 2013
33 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Can you get these without the door, say if I wanted it to go inside a closet?
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1387 posts
1408 upvotes
Halifax
dejanspa wrote:
May 30th, 2019 7:44 am
Can you get these without the door, say if I wanted it to go inside a closet?
yes you can. all the pieces are sold separately. Aside from Pax most wardrobes are on sale. Check out their planning tool here:

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/planners/

pax here:
https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/planner/pax-planner/

then as above posted, just place order online for pickup in store.

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/customer-ser ... ub29450ba5

$5 Service Fee
The flat rate fee covers the service to pick your order, and applies to all orders regardless of size. More importantly, it can help you save. Purchase as little as a single sofa or as much as an entire kitchen all for just a flat $5 service fee.
*Exception: IKEA Richmond and IKEA Coquitlam have a $10 service fee
Dec 15, 2017
248 posts
381 upvotes
Vancouver
I love pax but the price for these systems are a bit hard on my wallet. If you're lucky like me, I was able to pick up 8 of these pax systems + a ton of accessories for free from really nice people on craigslist who are moving or just doesn't want it anymore. It's heavy as hell if not fully disassembled (especially the sliding glass doors) and if you find a free one then make sure you have at least a minivan. I also realize that my ceiling clearance is not high enough for the taller pax systems. I can get away with 79 1/4" in height but 92" is cutting it *very* close to my ceiling but with a little bit of a tango dance with the wardrobe when semi-assembled then I was able to get the one in my daughter's room to stand up straight without hitting or scraping the ceiling if I had just picked it up on a angle (sure enough hurting my back and muscles doing it). I also found that opening/closing doors or sliding doors was cumbersome since it's routine for me to get my clothes everyday that it was far more convenient just to have no doors. I don't often entertain guests so nobody really needs to look at my bedroom nor I even want to show it off Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes