• Nov 2nd, 2018 8:03 am
[OP]
Jul 4, 2009
906 posts
80 upvotes
Mississauga area

[IKEA] Kitchen Event - Oct 1 - Nov 5, 2018 - up to 20% in GC

Ikea has their fall Kitchen event.

10% in gift cards for qualifying kitchen stuff purchases of $1000 or more.
15% in gift cards for qualifying kitchen stuff purchases of $1000 or more and 1 or 2 appliances.
and 20% gift cards for qualifying kitchen stuff purchases of $1000 or more 3 or more appliances.
Last edited by kittypink on Oct 2nd, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1020 posts
234 upvotes
Montreal
Nice!

Wondering if I can buy 3 cheap hood ranges now (since they go OOS pretty quick), come back 2-3 weeks later and return/re-buy to complete the kitchen order?
Apr 26, 2010
676 posts
66 upvotes
Richmond Hill
do Ikea have black friday sales?
Apr 11, 2007
726 posts
332 upvotes
Montreal
What is the cost for them to help designing a small tiny project
Nov 23, 2013
312 posts
72 upvotes
Shawinigan
Xcessiv wrote:
Oct 1st, 2018 1:13 pm
Nice!

Wondering if I can buy 3 cheap hood ranges now (since they go OOS pretty quick), come back 2-3 weeks later and return/re-buy to complete the kitchen order?
I've never done it but I'm pretty sure you can do it... I personnally flipped them all on kijiji at a little bit over cost so I made profit on that.

After buying lots of doors/shelves/panels in the discounted section (on a second visit), I have returned many of the items from my initial order and they refunded me. Plus, they didn't even talked about the gift card amount lol
Nov 24, 2006
333 posts
180 upvotes
Winnipeg
Xcessiv wrote:
Nice!

Interesting idea. I bought one to move from 10% to 15% on a new countertop order ($2400). I never thought about buying 3.
Dec 1, 2005
717 posts
73 upvotes
Calgary
Xcessiv wrote:
Nice!

Just order for delivery. It'll get shipped up from the big warehouses in the states that usually have everything in stock. I did this as i didn't actually need the kitchen till much later and ordered 2 range hoods and 1 mini fridge that i wanted anyway, even though both items were out of stock locally.
Oct 7, 2007
537 posts
61 upvotes
Markham
You can split the orders up and get a price adjustment afterwards. I just got 20% back in gift cards on an order I picked up today and 20% back on price adjustment on an order i picked up on September 30.

Paying for shipping is much easier if you have a big order since it's just a flat rate.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1319 posts
714 upvotes
Calgary
A kitchen with appliances is what the link says.
but your post says just buy appliances.

Can I go in and buy only a dish washer and get 15%?
[OP]
Jul 4, 2009
906 posts
80 upvotes
Mississauga area
Suthek wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2018 3:11 pm
A kitchen with appliances is what the link says.
but your post says just buy appliances.

Can I go in and buy only a dish washer and get 15%?
I will edit my original post to try to be more clear.

If you spend $1000 or more on qualifying kitchen products (kitchen cabinets, kitchen sinks, faucets, countertops etc), you will get back 10% in gift cards to use later at Ikea. If you buy 1 or 2 appliances with the qualifying kitchen products, it will be 15% in gift cards and if you buy 3 or more appliances with the qualifying purchase, it would be 20% in gift cards. If you buy lets say $600 in kitchen cabinets and a $500 microwave, will that make the $1000 qualifying purchase? I don't know - you should ask Ikea, I don't want to give the wrong answer.
[OP]
Jul 4, 2009
906 posts
80 upvotes
Mississauga area
yohung wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2018 1:17 am
What is the cost for them to help designing a small tiny project
Cut and pasted from Ikea's site :

In Store Kitchen Planning ServiceIn Store Kitchen PlanningOur kitchen planners offer many years of IKEA kitchen planning experience. With this expertise, your planner will guide you through the planning process and create a functional, beautiful and enduring design.
We will provide you:
• One-on-one, up to 2 hour scheduled consultation with one of our IKEA kitchen planners.
• Space planning and the design of 1 room. 3D, wall specs and elevation drawings will be provided.
• Design explanation based on client feedback.
• IKEA expertise which lies in kitchen cabinetry planning. Please bring along your decided upon samples (i.e.: backsplash, flooring or tile choices). A finalized kitchen order ready for purchase including all available service options.

In store kitchen planning
$129/up to 2 hours
Select your store to book your in store planning appointment
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1395 posts
547 upvotes
Laval
Xcessiv wrote:
Nice!

You can buy now, place your whole kitchen order later then head to customer service and present the receipt for the hood ranges and your kitchen order. They will give you 20% then. Works in Mtl, don't know about other locations
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1020 posts
234 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks for the answer, guys!
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1020 posts
234 upvotes
Montreal
Two more questions, for anybody who've been thru the process:
1) Is their PERSONLIG custom countertop program included in the 20%, or if it was to be in a separate order which means 10% instead of 20%?
2) If I buy this month, can I have the countertop measure and installed in Feb/March next year?