• Sep 28th, 2016 10:06 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
2799 posts
259 upvotes
Vancouver

IKEA Klippan Sofa - Your Thoughts?!

I've sat in this in numerous locations when it was well worn in and thought it was great, despite the low back. I just bought a brand new one and despite needing a sofa with a Faux Leather cover I wonder if I made the right choice (I'm 6'1")?

The only other place to get a cheaper Faux Leather Loveseat was The Brick for about $89.00 more, and they only had one. I never went to check it out. The Brick charged me for delivery last time when they said they would give it to me free (I was 5 minutes away.) and I'm still peeved about it. Lol.

$600.00 Max Faux Leather Loveseat

$725.00 Chase Brown Faux Leather Loveseat

What do you think about the IKEA Klippan Loveseat? I wish IKEA would innovate and make one with a higher back.

The Karlstad sofa was terrible, I had to sell it right after. :(
7 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
2799 posts
259 upvotes
Vancouver
I don't think anyone likes this sofa, I searched Google for more information and came up with almost nothing.
Dec 16, 2010
141 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
It's fine for short durations, or for sitting and having a conversation but it's not something you want to lounge around in. We have one to complete a living room "U" when guests are over and the low profile is necessary for our room. If the low height isn't needed I wouldn't recommend it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
2799 posts
259 upvotes
Vancouver
That's what I was thinking. Unfortunately, there are mice where I am and they nested in my last sofa peeing and pooping all over it, so I had to get rid of it. :(

My budget was around $500.00 so I bought the Klippan. I've sat on Klippan's before that were old and they were comfortable, so maybe it just needs to be used a lot so the springs in the seat relax?

I guess the biggest problem is the neck not being supported, it's kind of like staring at a cell phone for the whole day.

I guess I could bring this back but it'd mean renting a truck and returning it. Plus it's not in the box anymore and IKEA would be mad at me?
Penalty Box
Nov 23, 2012
1451 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
I think the problem is that you have mice. Spend money on a wack of traps, get a cat and then get a sofa you like.
That ikea sofa is not comfortable return it to Ikea if you can. Get a lazy boy from kijiji.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2012
1525 posts
449 upvotes
i like mine for sitting on lengthwise with my feet up and a bunch of pillows behind me (but I'm also a foot shorter than you) and the low flat back doubles as a good table/mousing (as in computer, not the animal) surface, but it's become less comfortable as the springs have went down in my "groove". I got the non-leather version for under $300 a few years ago though - at $499+tax, no way is it worth it, especially if it'll be your main lounging area.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
2799 posts
259 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for the help guys. I feel like a fool right now. I hate the Coquitlam store. It's so unorganized and helped me make a bad buying decision.

I just found the NORSBORG at the Richmond IKEA today and I want that now. It's $525.00 for the loveseat.

Does anyone have that one? IKEA has pretty crappy sofas.

--> NORSBORG Loveseat.

I guess I'm out $200.00 now (for a Klippan delivery return and a new delivery for a Norsborg).
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
2799 posts
259 upvotes
Vancouver
It looks like the Klippan faux leather sofa off gases chemicals like a mother trucker. I even get headaches.