Toronto, ON

[IKEA] LED work lamp wireless charging $39.99

Ikea LED lamp with wireless charging is 50% off now till June 30
10 replies
Nov 2, 2011
56 posts
126 upvotes
GTA
The bulbs on this don't last that long and you can't change them. Be wary!
Mar 30, 2016
271 posts
227 upvotes
My bulb is still working after 4 years but do NOT buy this for the wireless charging... Unless they've updated it since then it's unbearably slow, and makes my phone super hot. I ended up just plugging a USB cord to the front to charge lol.
Last edited by feversugar on Jun 4th, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3091 posts
1309 upvotes
, ON
Costco has similar for same price. Not sure if you can replace the bulb. If you can’t replace the bulb, they will end up on landfill. Imagine if millions bought this
Jun 16, 2019
150 posts
338 upvotes
feversugar wrote: My bulb is still working after 4 years but do NOT buy this for the wireless charging... Unless they've updated it since then it's bearably slow, and makes my phone super hot. I ended up just plugging a USB cord to the front to charge lol.
I don't own this but this makes sense actually. If you check the detailed description it says that this is only a 5W Charger.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
2141 posts
2107 upvotes
Langley
Larkstarr wrote: The bulbs on this don't last that long and you can't change them. Be wary!
WUT! That's doesn't sound like something Ikea would make...
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
4618 posts
1092 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Dreamrider wrote: WUT! That's doesn't sound like something Ikea would make...
I got this lamp 4 yrs ago, and last year the light started doing an annoying flickering. I've looked everywhere, but it seems a real pain in the butt to swap out the integrated LED.

It boggled my mind that IKEA overlooked this during design.

So now I've been in the market for a wireless charging desk lamp solution, but haven't found one quite like this IKEA one, but because of the bulb issue, I'm not jumping on this.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1196 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
Dreamrider wrote: WUT! That's doesn't sound like something Ikea would make...
Agree, especially their stuff known for low quality.
Mar 4, 2013
578 posts
380 upvotes
bulb not replaceable is the deal breaker
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1404 posts
1600 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Replaceable bulb thing doesn't really matter. Most new LED units whether those are kitchen appliances, cars or lights aren't replaceable. The bulb will last like 5 years and then you get a new one. Ideally the bulbs are supposed to last 22 years (if used 3 hours daily) but that's under super ideal conditions.