Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
IKEA

MARKERAD Limited Collection - IKEA x VIRGIL ABLOH

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2019 2:47 pm
Oct 29, 2010
690 posts
1361 upvotes
Quebec
Who knows, some people collect ikea stuff and some will buy anything limited.
This year I sold an old ikea bedroom set that was 12 years old for more than what I paid for it new...
Feb 18, 2014
688 posts
1410 upvotes
kingsley15 wrote: There is a good chance there might still be stock left after the 300 people are done shopping.
I hope you are right but there are 1,122 guarantee items in stock for 300 wristbands and 4 items each (1,200 items)... I doubt anyone that lined up 6 hrs for a wristband is going to pick up less than 4 things. Unless they are carrying way above the posted minimum stock, the high resale value items like the clocks and rugs are going to be gone for sure. Hooray for artificial scarcity!
Feb 1, 2015
910 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto, ON
shorfd wrote: I hope you are right but there are 1,122 guarantee items in stock for 300 wristbands and 4 items each (1,200 items)... I doubt anyone that lined up 6 hrs for a wristband is going to pick up less than 4 things. Unless they are carrying way above the posted minimum stock, the high resale value items like the clocks and rugs are going to be gone for sure. Hooray for artificial scarcity!
Nothing from this drop is reselling for more than $100. GG
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7966 upvotes
OVOSound wrote: Asians. What a surprise.
Surprised you can determine that from a dark, low resolution picture where most of the people are wearing something on their head to cover their hair colour.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2014
1073 posts
1308 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Lone_Prodigy wrote: Surprised you can determine that from a dark, low resolution picture where most of the people are wearing something on their head to cover their hair colour.
Heh yeah.. the one person facing the camera seeming to be Asian does not mean that all the rest of the crowd is Asian
Sep 3, 2018
302 posts
164 upvotes
This must be a social experiment or some new form of qualitative market research lol
Apr 12, 2013
727 posts
680 upvotes
BC
Wow, much as I love Ikea this is a new low in desperation design.
Jan 17, 2017
435 posts
864 upvotes
Green Rug, Mona Lisa and the clock are sold out.
Mar 15, 2006
227 posts
146 upvotes
Montreal
orianna wrote: As with the other off-white ikea drop.. i think there's a limit of 1 or 2 per person. not sure
It was 4 items per bracelet/person
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6114 posts
1693 upvotes
Milton
kingsley15 wrote: Green Rug, Mona Lisa and the clock are sold out.
expect to see it at kijiji/craiglist for double the retail
Aug 15, 2007
614 posts
265 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I wonder if there's still any items left to buy???
Nov 2, 2016
116 posts
191 upvotes
tailormade wrote: Ikea has posted the minimum quantities that each store will have (and it's not many). The clocks are already 3x the price on reseller sites. Great opportunity for someone with the time.
selling clocks "if you have the time"

i see what you did there
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
2106 posts
3926 upvotes
Surrey
spena wrote: $229 for a rug pile?
Tons of crazy ppl line up for this shits at ikea Coquitlam right now
Aug 24, 2011
565 posts
590 upvotes
TORONTO
danfromwaterloo wrote: So dumb. Then again, I have no sensibilities for most art.

Then again, IKEA is to art what McDonalds is to beef.
so it's 100% real art?
KFC Supremacist
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1942 posts
1109 upvotes
So I went to IKEA Ottawa because I wanted to get a receipt rug. It’ll be a good gag in my house as it’s mostly IKEA stuff anyway and my friends know I’m a fan.

I did not go early, the roped off area was opened to the public at noon. So right at 12:00pm I walked in. They were still letting people in groups, and I got into a line with about 30-40 people ahead of me. I heard from an employee that people started lining up since last night, and that it had been a zoo since 6am.

Lots of people were grabbing multiples of things. I saw one guy with an entire shopping cart filled with the tool kit. Obviously to resell.
Feb 24, 2006
830 posts
4 upvotes
Milton
Funny, I thought everything was limited to 4 of the same thing per person.
The name is Art.
My heatware
May 14, 2013
441 posts
517 upvotes
Edmonton
Reporting back after copping a bunch of stuff to resell.

Ikea handled the release very smoothly. No china’s acting crazy. The whole process was orderly. Between myself and gf we came out with:

6x “Wet Grass” rugs
1x “Temporary” clock
1x “sculpture” Large bag

We were 23 in line and got everything we were after. Last Mona Lisa went to 22. Those were the first to go because of the quick resell value. Wet Grass rugs and clocks were sold out at around the 30 spot. You needed to be in the first wave (20) or second (20) to cop the decent stuff. Literally everyone beyond 40 spot and onwards went home with crappy hauls.

Anyways, first time waiting in line for something like this. Im not a hype beast... i just like to resell things to them because its good money.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1942 posts
1109 upvotes
I think they dropped that restriction once they opened it to the public.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
3000 posts
2243 upvotes
GTA
I can understand people who buy it to sell at a profit. So, the real question is, who are they selling to? Perhaps others who intend to sell for a profit? I guess it's OK to play the "bigger idiot" game... Unless you end up being the biggest idiot.