[IKEA] Not hot buy FYI - IKEA 10% off online orders over $250

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2020 1:10 pm
[OP]
Dec 7, 2019
386 posts
246 upvotes

[IKEA] Not hot buy FYI - IKEA 10% off online orders over $250

Today only, $250 is before tax, delivery fees etc.

Happy New Year everyone.
Be the change you want to see.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4233 posts
1535 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
So this is the "not hot buy" forum?
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
2888 posts
287 upvotes
Ottawa
Shipping on thier stuff kills this deal. WAs going to order a table. The shipping to Ottawa was $70... I'd still be out $25-30, with the discount. Sucks that instore doesn't apply
Pepsi WEH Winner - 4 for 5
Didn't win a Xbox X.. but next best thing. Scored at the Brick for $249! $300 off!!!
Mar 5, 2008
19 posts
10 upvotes
Not hot as OP said but I think it was worthwhile to call out. It's not hot because 15% over $450 on Boxing Day. However, this time it's $250.

By the way, IKEA site shows "10% back in gift cards on orders over $250" and I wonder does it apply for online orders with in-store pick-ups

Thanks for the heads up and Happy New Year
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4932 posts
2112 upvotes
Russell wrote: So this is the "not hot buy" forum?
+1
There really is no point in sub-forums any more.
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
[OP]
Dec 7, 2019
386 posts
246 upvotes
What is true is it’s not worth posting any deals. Clearly not hot was meant to point out this is not a great offer, but for some people, with large outlays, it could work.

There’s always criticism, some one with “smart” one liners, and generally blowback.

Even hot deals get at least five downvotes.

Happy New Year everyone.
Be the change you want to see.
Nov 16, 2016
714 posts
635 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I think they started shipping from in stores now so shipping is really cheap now.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Sep 29, 2018
153 posts
186 upvotes
kelrich wrote: Not hot as OP said but I think it was worthwhile to call out. It's not hot because 15% over $450 on Boxing Day. However, this time it's $250.

By the way, IKEA site shows "10% back in gift cards on orders over $250" and I wonder does it apply for online orders with in-store pick-ups

Thanks for the heads up and Happy New Year
*Offer valid from Tuesday, December 31st, 2019 at 11:00pm ET to Thursday, January 2nd, 2020 at 3:00am ET, on online orders for home delivery to valid shipping addresses in Canada only, excluding Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut. Minimum purchase of $250 required to qualify, excluding taxes, delivery and any other services. Offer cannot be combined with any other promotional offers. Offer does not apply to orders placed in store or at Pick-up and order points, or Click and Collect orders placed online and picked up in store, at a Pick-up and order point or at a Collection Point. Excludes Express delivery. Offer does not apply to previous purchases or gift card purchases. While supplies last

Nope, delivery only. Might play around with it and get some smaller items for cheaper delivery (a tabletop is only like $20 delivery for me at least) and then use the gift card to purchase the rest of the things I need in store.
Oct 29, 2011
217 posts
169 upvotes
Their terrible stock system will ruin this again.

E. G. It shoes in stock but does not let you check out because of some stupid no nearby warehouse.
Last edited by alahome on Jan 1st, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10035 posts
4608 upvotes
Still waiting on a deal for a new 3 kitchen applice deal where they had 20% off plus 100$ gift card per 1000 spent. Sure wish i jumped on that a couple years ago but hoping for the best this year.Not a rush but sure wish to buy new sooner then later im getting tired of my older stuff haha
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!