• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 4:59 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 29, 2018
814 posts
455 upvotes
Vancouver

IKEA replacement help

I have an IKEA Kivik loveseat that got completely faded in the sun and am looking for some help getting the cover replaced from Ikea support. I called them and sent them the photos of the couch, however they also need a receipt for the Loveseat.

Now as I had purchased this in store, I didn't really bother with the physical receipt and probably threw it away. Now I am unable to find it to get the replacement done. To complicate matters further, I think this was purchased last year, while my mom was visiting and she had paid for it.

Does anyone have a receipt that I can use to get replacement covers for my loveseat?
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
8988 posts
2579 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
If the fabric has faded so badly after one year, I wonder abut the financial wisdom of replacing it with the same fabric.

I had a sofa/chair set that faded. I had covers made from Sunbrella fabric. The sofa and chairs are outdoors 24/7/365 in the tropical Mexican weather, 20 meters from ocean in the salt-laden air.

Over 10 years later, they still look like new.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

“Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1606 posts
681 upvotes
Toronto
kramer1 wrote: I have an IKEA Kivik loveseat that got completely faded in the sun and am looking for some help getting the cover replaced from Ikea support. I called them and sent them the photos of the couch, however they also need a receipt for the Loveseat.

Now as I had purchased this in store, I didn't really bother with the physical receipt and probably threw it away. Now I am unable to find it to get the replacement done. To complicate matters further, I think this was purchased last year, while my mom was visiting and she had paid for it.

Does anyone have a receipt that I can use to get replacement covers for my loveseat?
I'm also going to guess you don't have the ikea member to help find your purchase.
So only way is for them to look up the records to find your purchase, you'll need exactly date the purchase was made, and maybe the credit card information.
Probably better to have this done in person as well, I could see phone rep easily brush you off as this isn't something that they'd do.
Good luck.
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 29, 2018
814 posts
455 upvotes
Vancouver
MexiCanuck wrote: If the fabric has faded so badly after one year, I wonder abut the financial wisdom of replacing it with the same fabric.

I had a sofa/chair set that faded. I had covers made from Sunbrella fabric. The sofa and chairs are outdoors 24/7/365 in the tropical Mexican weather, 20 meters from ocean in the salt-laden air.

Over 10 years later, they still look like new.
My couch was out in the balcony for a few days, and the color has turned from dark gray to beige on the exposed parts. Not sure if it is worth getting custom upholstery done. Worst case, I'd have to spend $100 to get new fabric from IKEA. As long as I keep the bill safe this time, I'll have it covered for 10 years
Sr. Member
Feb 4, 2007
523 posts
332 upvotes
kramer1 wrote: My couch was out in the balcony for a few days, and the color has turned from dark gray to beige on the exposed parts. Not sure if it is worth getting custom upholstery done. Worst case, I'd have to spend $100 to get new fabric from IKEA. As long as I keep the bill safe this time, I'll have it covered for 10 years
Looks like they don't warranty the fabric covers. See bolded area below:

~
Sofas and Armchairs
10-Year Warranty

What is covered under this warranty?

This warranty applies to domestic use only and includes defects in material and workmanship in:

• frames
• seat and back cushions

in the following products:

• BINGSTA armchair
• EKERÖ armchair
• EKOLSUND reclining armchair
• FINNALA seating series
• FÄRLÖV seating series including sofa-bed
• GRÖNADAL rocking chair
• HÄRLANDA sofa and sofa-bed series
• KIVIK seating series
• KLIPPAN loveseat
• KNISLINGE seating series
• KNOPPARP sofa
• KOARP armchair
• MORABO seating series
• LIDHULT seating series
• MORABO seating series
• NOLMYRA armchair
• POÄNG armchair and footstool
• RÅDVIKEN armchair
• STOCKSUND seating series
• STRANDMON armchair and footstool
• SÖDERHAMN seating series
• UPPLAND seating series
• VALLENTUNA seating series
• VEDBO armchairs
• VINLIDEN seating series
• VRETSTORP sofa-bed.

This warranty does not apply to:
• TULLSTA armchair
• MUREN armchair
• POÄNG cushions
• leather covers
• coated fabric covers
• fabric covers.

~

Top