[IKEA] Storage Event Jan 9-27 up to 15% Off Wardrobe & Select Storage Items

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2020 3:25 pm
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14296 posts
26741 upvotes
Scarborough
Skilas wrote: It looks like PAX, KALLAX, HAVSTA are included. (but only the storage items in those lines)
Select Brimnes wardrobes are 15% off too.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Aug 19, 2013
315 posts
271 upvotes
Etobicoke
TomRFD wrote: Select Brimnes wardrobes are 15% off too.
Only while and black color have 15% off but not grey one. How sad.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14296 posts
26741 upvotes
Scarborough
onebuddy wrote: Only while and black color have 15% off but not grey one. How sad.
I wanted the white ones so I was ok. Funny that only select colours get the discount.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Nov 6, 2013
365 posts
223 upvotes
Montreal, QC
westcoastyvr wrote: Must have been written by a Millennial - grammar does not apply - anything goes!
This serial use of the dash is grammatical violence. Two such dashes in sequence – such as this – imply parenthetical remark, rendering your own sentence grammatically incorrect ("Must have been written by a Millennial anything goes!").

– Millennial university instructor, also from westcoastyvr
Nov 22, 2019
81 posts
17 upvotes
Any idea when this event might come around again? The budget and planning isn't quite there yet.
Jul 2, 2007
658 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
easy-e wrote: I don't have experience with the Havsta, but after feeling both the Havsta and Billy in person the Havsta is much more sturdy...if the price difference didn't give it away. That's because the Havsta is made of solid pine, whereas the Billy is all particleboard.

But if the Billy is what you're looking for, they might have a sale on Billy bookcases next month based on this email I got last year in late February:

ikea-billy.png
Thanks!

Yeah I went to go feel the Havsta. Unfortunately, the measurements are a bit more tight than the Billy. The Havsta did feel more sturdy, but I don't know why it felt more...plasticky(?). For some reason it didn't feel like wood. Unless I don't actually know how pine is supposed to feel...
Going broke saving money
Apr 26, 2019
286 posts
374 upvotes
Diakonos wrote: This serial use of the dash is grammatical violence. Two such dashes in sequence – such as this – imply parenthetical remark, rendering your own sentence grammatically incorrect ("Must have been written by a Millennial anything goes!").

– Millennial university instructor, also from westcoastyvr
I wonder how this works if you want to maintain the first dash to re-instate grammatical peace. "Must have been written by a millennial - anything goes!" would work, right?
Nov 4, 2008
475 posts
904 upvotes
Toronto
ScatterStash wrote: Any idea when this event might come around again? The budget and planning isn't quite there yet.
After doing a quick search of "ikea storage" in my emails, it looks like this might be a once a year kinda sale. But they have some sales during the year where shipping is free, or where you get coupons during black friday. There'll be other ways you can save on a storage set.
booyahchild01 wrote: Thanks!

Yeah I went to go feel the Havsta. Unfortunately, the measurements are a bit more tight than the Billy. The Havsta did feel more sturdy, but I don't know why it felt more...plasticky(?). For some reason it didn't feel like wood. Unless I don't actually know how pine is supposed to feel...
The plasticky feeling could just be the brushed coating on the wood? I plan on going in this weekend to feel the Havsta again and to see the colours in person.
Nov 6, 2013
365 posts
223 upvotes
Montreal, QC
GordonGartrelle wrote: I wonder how this works if you want to maintain the first dash to re-instate grammatical peace. "Must have been written by a millennial - anything goes!" would work, right?
That's right. The difficulty in this case is that westcoastyvr is expressing multiple changes of thought, some of which are more closely connected than others. It'd be better to have two sentences:
"Must have been written by a Millennial. Grammar does not apply—anything goes!"

If you really wanted it in one sentence you could use a colon to introduce a list, then separate sentiments with semicolons.
"Must have been written by a Millennial: grammar does not apply; anything goes!"

Or one could use a conjunction.
"Must have been written by a Millennial—grammar does not apply and anything goes!"

All in good fun, of course.
Feb 21, 2004
970 posts
172 upvotes
Hamilton
ScatterStash wrote: Any idea when this event might come around again? The budget and planning isn't quite there yet.
Seems to happen at the same time (January) every year
Jan 19, 2018
821 posts
568 upvotes
Anyone successfully get a price adjustment? I bought a Kallax in mid December and the current sale Is $39 cheaper.
[OP]
Jan 26, 2012
227 posts
152 upvotes
Ontario
bobohobo2kx wrote: Anyone successfully get a price adjustment? I bought a Kallax in mid December and the current sale Is $39 cheaper.
Looking for the same answer...I am planning to go Saturday morning but it would save me a trip out of town if anyone could confirm if they got a price adjustment at the store. The fine print about not applying to previous purchases is concerning, but would that override their 90-day price adjustment policy?
[OP]
Jan 26, 2012
227 posts
152 upvotes
Ontario
I went in this morning and got price adjustments on a gift card for 2 Kallax shelves this morning.