Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
IKEA

SYMFONISK Table lamp with WiFi speaker $119 reg price $229

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2021 9:14 am
Dec 17, 2018
488 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto, ON
whoace wrote: You can do Atmos with the Arc.
Thanks but my soundbar is beam, too much to upgrade lol
Feb 4, 2015
7 posts
13 upvotes
Dartmouth
King of Canada wrote: FYI - the new version of this lamp to be announced in two weeks
Probably not a lamp or maybe that's what the other product they plan on revealing is. Ikea's own site leaked one of the new products.
Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 11.10.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 11.17.59 PM.png
Dec 21, 2012
490 posts
869 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
kyoxxx wrote: Thanks but my soundbar is beam, too much to upgrade lol
Yeah, I hear you. I only have the Beam too. My friend has the Arc surround set with the subwoofer. The racing scene from Ready Player One...WOW! I'm just waiting for a deal to get the sub. They normally go $100 off once or twice a year.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3875 posts
5398 upvotes
Oakville
King of Canada wrote: Same as Play1 but with airplay
Not even close.

I have the Play 1, and this Ikea Lamp Sonos lacks mids and has barely any bass. Every review like HiFi and CNET all mention this as well.

They are far from a Play 1, but you get a nice light to make up for the bass.

These are not garbage by any means, but they aren't as good as the Sonos lineup. They are good quality background speakers.

They make good for rear speakers.

For the price you won't do better than this.

A good buy indeed.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Dec 17, 2018
488 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto, ON
whoace wrote: Yeah, I hear you. I only have the Beam too. My friend has the Arc surround set with the subwoofer. The racing scene from Ready Player One...WOW! I'm just waiting for a deal to get the sub. They normally go $100 off once or twice a year.
Agreed!! The sub is awesome; luckily I got it via an RDFer last year when they had the first line worker sales.
Sometimes you can also get some openbox units via Amazon or Bestbuy.
My Beam is an openbox one from Amazon, which is pretty good
Nov 12, 2011
358 posts
514 upvotes
Vancouver
I did click and collect earlier this afternoon.. was stuck on a work call till 6PM. The order is still processing for pickup tomorrow but the store location shows out of stock now.. I wonder if the order will get processed...
Dec 24, 2011
44 posts
56 upvotes
Ottawa
If anyone has this lamp, could they check if it's universal voltage (110-240v) or just North American (120v)? I'm moving abroad for work in the next year and want to know whether it's worth it to stock up on a few of these!

The bookshelf speaker I know is universal but can't find info on the lamp!
Jul 27, 2011
15 posts
4 upvotes
AURORA
Thanks! I ordered two of them for night stands!
May 28, 2007
312 posts
121 upvotes
Mississauga
It looks cool as a decoration piece. However, the sound isn't that great. An average speaker, muddy and bassy. Try to listen before buying, as IKEA returns are exhausting.
Dec 1, 2016
168 posts
195 upvotes
calgary alberta
Bought it and returned it. Sound was good but man Sonos stuff is a HUGE pain. They should just stick with Bluetooth. I'm guessing that's the reason for the sale.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
This is a great deal for basically a Sonos SL with a light on top, the cheapest for 2 SL's was Costco $299.99 a year ago, and a single SL is $199 reg.

You will see this speaker as one of your Airplay devices on the same list as your Sonos speakers and it'll play off several music apps including youtube. They are less about audiophile SQ as a single speaker and more about creating a floor or home filled with soundstage when you buy multiples, Symfonisk or Sonos (same maker). What I really like is individual volume control to create the perfect directional balance whichever room you or your family is, or leave them all the same volume.
Nov 30, 2018
378 posts
417 upvotes
Bought and picked on 1...tried briefly and works and sounds great. Not a Sonos user but will use via Airplay... Thanks OP!
Jul 21, 2011
738 posts
374 upvotes
Azkaban
scottmg wrote: sorry guys, that is one unattractive lamp
Like a small mushroom Image
You wouldn't know a communist if one jumped out of a giant May Day cake, slapped you across the face with a copy of The Conquest of Bread, and walked off whistling La Internationale.
Dec 17, 2017
435 posts
409 upvotes
I would disagree, they are very similar. I also have Play 1, Sonos One, Play 3 and Play 5. The Sonos one, Play 1 and this lamp all are kinda lacking compared to 3s and 5s.

Basically, the play 1 and Sonos one ain't that much better than this lamp. ALL three lack bass and mid. It's incremental difference.

But definitely agree that it's a great buy!!
zdpz wrote: Not even close.

I have the Play 1, and this Ikea Lamp Sonos lacks mids and has barely any bass. Every review like HiFi and CNET all mention this as well.

They are far from a Play 1, but you get a nice light to make up for the bass.

These are not garbage by any means, but they aren't as good as the Sonos lineup. They are good quality background speakers.

They make good for rear speakers.

For the price you won't do better than this.

A good buy indeed.
Feb 4, 2015
7 posts
13 upvotes
Dartmouth
Picked up 2 at Ikea Halifax now that it is opened back up to go along with my Play 1's.
Nov 1, 2016
177 posts
255 upvotes
Toronto
aphextwin wrote: I would disagree, they are very similar. I also have Play 1, Sonos One, Play 3 and Play 5. The Sonos one, Play 1 and this lamp all are kinda lacking compared to 3s and 5s.

Basically, the play 1 and Sonos one ain't that much better than this lamp. ALL three lack bass and mid. It's incremental difference.

But definitely agree that it's a great buy!!
Teardown shows the Symfonisk Lamp version is virtually the same with the Play 1. The component is very very similar. You can't really tell the sound different.
The bookshelf version is slightly worse in the mid-high. I find bookshelf is a better deal if just use for rear speaker, just love the design you can wall mount and blend-in with the wall!
I just don't know where to put this weird lamp!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)