[IKEA] SYMFONISK Table lamp with WiFi speaker $119 reg price $229

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2021 9:14 am
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
1922 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
Had to pick up my 2 speakers from my local penguin pickup which is further than the ikea from me, but I didn’t see an option of picking up from a location that doesn’t have stock. Only ship to home, ship to penguin pickup or pick up in store (for in stock locations).

Also a pair of these in box do not fit in a miata’s trunk. Glad penguin pickup was willing to recycle all the empty boxes for me.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5625 posts
2018 upvotes
grego9198 wrote: Had to pick up my 2 speakers from my local penguin pickup which is further than the ikea from me, but I didn’t see an option of picking up from a location that doesn’t have stock. Only ship to home, ship to penguin pickup or pick up in store (for in stock locations).

Also a pair of these in box do not fit in a miata’s trunk. Glad penguin pickup was willing to recycle all the empty boxes for me.
Do they email you a confirmation that your order is ready to be picked up at your penguin location? Or do you just go on the date your order was set for?
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1797 posts
701 upvotes
Toronto
Had mine delivered today to East York (two weeks from ordering) and just set it up. It's my only SONOS speaker and the setup was a pain in the butt. Took multiple attempts for the speaker to connect to my wifi, and then further attempts for it to "finalize" its connection. Only smart product that's been a challenge.

I'm really happy with it though now that it's setup. The sound is -- to my ears -- really good. We just have it going alone in the bedroom but it absolutely fills the space and has a lot of depth to it. Very pleased.

I also had a spare Hue chandelier bulb kicking around so I threw that in and it's synced up with the rest of my system.
Jul 14, 2017
25 posts
12 upvotes
Sephora wrote: Had mine delivered today to East York (two weeks from ordering) and just set it up. It's my only SONOS speaker and the setup was a pain in the butt. Took multiple attempts for the speaker to connect to my wifi, and then further attempts for it to "finalize" its connection. Only smart product that's been a challenge.

I'm really happy with it though now that it's setup. The sound is -- to my ears -- really good. We just have it going alone in the bedroom but it absolutely fills the space and has a lot of depth to it. Very pleased.

I also had a spare Hue chandelier bulb kicking around so I threw that in and it's synced up with the rest of my system.
I had similar issues trying to connect while my phone was on my 5Ghz SSID (I separate 2.4 and 5 on my network). Once I connected to 2.4 it seemed to be smooth sailing from there. Have one on each night-table in the bedroom and super happy!
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1797 posts
701 upvotes
Toronto
CaptainK17 wrote: I had similar issues trying to connect while my phone was on my 5Ghz SSID (I separate 2.4 and 5 on my network). Once I connected to 2.4 it seemed to be smooth sailing from there. Have one on each night-table in the bedroom and super happy!
I separate my 2.4 and 5 Ghz as well, but even with my phone connected to 2.4 it still took a few tries. Anyway, very happy with it too -- I'm considering a second one!

Also, saw this news release: https://mobilesyrup.com/2021/06/15/ikea ... e-speaker/
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14649 posts
8816 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Returned it. We have a lot of IoT/smart devices = wifi interference. It won't maintain connection in the laundry room, while a Sonos One moved to the same location will. I tried the lamp in the same room as the router, no issues, as soon as I move it further, disconnects. Router is AX86U, great performance.

Issue has been reported by others online. I tried fresh setup, only running it through the Sonos app for an hour etc. Shame, puts out just as good as the One.
Dec 10, 2007
355 posts
102 upvotes
I had zero issues getting connected, and very happy with the sound.
Nov 26, 2015
89 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sephora wrote: I also had a spare Hue chandelier bulb kicking around so I threw that in and it's synced up with the rest of my system.
Watch out with that combo. Technically the Hue bulbs aren’t supposed to go in a fully enclosed fixture. Mine died after a year, which sucks when they’re $60.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
1922 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
deezz wrote: Do they email you a confirmation that your order is ready to be picked up at your penguin location? Or do you just go on the date your order was set for?
Email confirmation saying it was at the location.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14649 posts
8816 upvotes
Southern Ontario
If you're running a pair near each other a Redditor said connecting them with an ethernet cable fixed their wifi problem, so did for someone else even though it's not being used as wired, maybe it makes an antenna out of them together? idk

I prefer the "just works" experience when I Spotify and pick speakers to turn on, can see/adjust their individual volumes. Sticking to Sonos.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
5999 posts
5177 upvotes
Vancouver
AncasterRFD wrote: If you're running a pair near each other a Redditor said connecting them with an ethernet cable fixed their wifi problem, so did for someone else even though it's not being used as wired, maybe it makes an antenna out of them together? idk

I prefer the "just works" experience when I Spotify and pick speakers to turn on, can see/adjust their individual volumes. Sticking to Sonos.
A SONUS setup works a lot better if there's at least one speaker connected to ethernet.

Ron.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14649 posts
8816 upvotes
Southern Ontario
newfbc wrote: A SONUS setup works a lot better if there's at least one speaker connected to ethernet.

Ron.
Thanks, I actually have a Sonos Five near the router, I’ll do that too.
Dec 25, 2017
166 posts
111 upvotes
Vancouver
Not sure how I missed this. No stock in the Vancouver. Pity. I wanted to pair this with the new Apple TV
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1797 posts
701 upvotes
Toronto
wrenkin wrote: Watch out with that combo. Technically the Hue bulbs aren’t supposed to go in a fully enclosed fixture. Mine died after a year, which sucks when they’re $60.
Oh, thanks for the heads up! Didn't consider that.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5625 posts
2018 upvotes
grego9198 wrote: Email confirmation saying it was at the location.
Awesome thanks! My pickup was scheduled for the 20th when I made my purchase... haven't seen anything yet...
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Aug 29, 2007
63 posts
6 upvotes
Was anyone able to get the white one recently? And in the stocktrack site, what does the restock column mean?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
3135 posts
750 upvotes
Sonos isn't a guarantee of quality either, my year old sonos one won't connect no matter what any more, no warranty, out $200.......
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2002
1270 posts
302 upvotes
Toronto
Got these from the deal for a week or so now, and enjoying using it. Got 3, 2 of them in use so far, still deciding where to put the third. Use it to play music/videos off my iPhone/iPad. Use it off my iMac for sound as well. Decent for the price. Now I'm looking to get the Sonos Beam product and more. Damn you RFD, take my money
Dec 13, 2018
157 posts
106 upvotes
akide wrote: Got these from the deal for a week or so now, and enjoying using it. Got 3, 2 of them in use so far, still deciding where to put the third. Use it to play music/videos off my iPhone/iPad. Use it off my iMac for sound as well. Decent for the price. Now I'm looking to get the Sonos Beam product and more. Damn you RFD, take my money
I bought the arc during the costco $200 promo and paired it with the two from ikea. 🌶Fire🌶Fire🌶Fire🌶
Dec 10, 2008
243 posts
120 upvotes
This is a great deal especially for people already with a Sonos system but man that glass lampshade scuffs easily. I've babied mine and still have a couple permanent marks from setting it up.