Expired Hot Deals

[IKEA] Up to 15% off* nightstands and dressers. February 13 – 17.

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2020 3:59 pm
[OP]
Nov 4, 2008
405 posts
785 upvotes
Toronto

[IKEA] Up to 15% off* nightstands and dressers. February 13 – 17.

Nightstands and dressers are up to 15% off for anyone looking for storage for their bedrooms.

I have a couple of Hemnes dressers and love them. Super sturdy since they're solid wood, but I wish they had soft closing.
7 replies
Jun 29, 2009
16 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
Perfect timing to get one night stand for the weekend!
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1264 posts
1152 upvotes
Hongcouver
Entropi wrote: Perfect timing to get one night stand for the weekend!
I recommend HEMNES 2-drawer. She has a beautiful tan colour and a very nice rack. You can fill a lot in those two drawers and very handy.
CheapBuddy wrote: thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4244 posts
1628 upvotes
Anybody try price adjust with IKEA before?

I got my dressers about 2 months ago. I wonder if they'll adjust for me.

I'll try later but I also want to know if others have done it successfully before.

EDIT: I tried, and they do price adjustment up to 45 days only. I thought it was 90 says with the IKEA family membership but apparently they stopped doing that now.
Last edited by trinxified on Feb 13th, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAVE 20% off on top of the current prices of any gift-able STEAM games/DLC:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/digital- ... s-2349751/
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1949 posts
667 upvotes
Toronto
easy-e wrote: Nightstands and dressers are up to 15% off for anyone looking for storage for their bedrooms.

I have a couple of Hemnes dressers and love them. Super sturdy since they're solid wood, but I wish they had soft closing.
Besides the look, do you know if there is a difference with the Malm? I thought the Malm has the slow closing drawers.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
[OP]
Nov 4, 2008
405 posts
785 upvotes
Toronto
ds2chan wrote: Besides the look, do you know if there is a difference with the Malm? I thought the Malm has the slow closing drawers.
I've owned a Malm dresser in the past and wouldn't go back to them. Malm is all particleboard, so that's a big difference already. Malm also doesn't have slow-closing drawers. And the bottom of the drawers also started to sag when I had a lot of clothes in them. The bottom board is thicker (and I assume sturdier) on the Hemnes dresser drawers.

I've also owned a Malm nightstand in the past and that was fine since I was just holding small things in them. I wouldn't go with the Malm's again for dressers.

All that being said, the Malm is a fine affordable option if money is a concern.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1949 posts
667 upvotes
Toronto
easy-e wrote: I've owned a Malm dresser in the past and wouldn't go back to them. Malm is all particleboard, so that's a big difference already. Malm also doesn't have slow-closing drawers. And the bottom of the drawers also started to sag when I had a lot of clothes in them. The bottom board is thicker (and I assume sturdier) on the Hemnes dresser drawers.

I've also owned a Malm nightstand in the past and that was fine since I was just holding small things in them. I wouldn't go with the Malm's again for dressers.

All that being said, the Malm is a fine affordable option if money is a concern.
Thanks for the comparison.

That's a huge difference. I would prefer the Hemnes then but I like the look of the Malm better.

My son currently has my old dresser. The bottom of it is this very thin piece of "wood". It's like hard cardboard. If you threw a punch at it I'm pretty sure your fist would go through it no problem. One started sagging only because my wife was pushing down on it thinking it was real wood. I recently used metal L brackets that I got from Rona and it fixed the problem. If you try to push down on the bottom the drawer it won't even flex.

I'm debating whether or not I want to buy a dresser to put in my son's room now. I do like the grey colour but I'm not sure what to do with my old dresser.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)