• Aug 7th, 2020 9:03 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
20036 posts
4595 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton

I'll Come Back to RBC For This - ATM Custom Mixed Bills Withdrawal

I'm not sure how new this is, but today I went to my local RBC to make a cash withdrawal, and here is what I saw:

Image:

Customized mixed bills!
How new is this? Do any other banks have it? I haven't seen it before, though I admittedly do not use every bank.

Getting $20 or $50 all the time is not convenient, so I'm loving it.
This is something I think that is a real benefit and convenience, and I wish it had been implemented a long time ago.
Last edited by Jucius Maximus on Dec 16th, 2019 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
55 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2087 posts
1511 upvotes
TD has this for quite a while, love selecting the bills I get instead of mix of $20 and $50. Also allows withdraws of odd amounts, like say, $45, exactly.

Haven’t seen this at RBC, have to try now!..
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
20036 posts
4595 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
IEpicDestroyer wrote: TD has this for quite a while, love selecting the bills I get instead of mix of $20 and $50. Also allows withdraws of odd amounts, like say, $45, exactly.

mkl38s wrote: CIBC has it too
OK Thanks, so I guess they are just following the competition and I was ignorant it had come to other banks first.
This was the first time I had seen it. I don't like TD though so I haven't used their ATMs in ages.
Mar 23, 2004
42921 posts
8882 upvotes
Markham
IEpicDestroyer wrote: TD has this for quite a while, love selecting the bills I get instead of mix of $20 and $50. Also allows withdraws of odd amounts, like say, $45, exactly.

^ is right, from what I know, TD is the first one to have it.

Cool that RBC/CIBC has it now also, benefits us all.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3462 posts
2112 upvotes
Kitchener
I remember when I was younger us kids all had RBC account because the minimum withdrawal was $5. Looks like them days have re-appeared and I might have to start putting more money into the RBC account...
Why can't we all just get along?
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
1519 posts
845 upvotes
Cool

Im with RBC because it's a 5 minute walk. I don't care what kind of $ comes out of it. It's gonna all turn into change anyways
May 9, 2018
78 posts
54 upvotes
Summerside, PE
I've seen this at Scotiabank too.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2012
1015 posts
428 upvotes
Trois-Rivières, QC
Nice! No more going to the teller when I need specific denominations!
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2681 posts
2037 upvotes
Winnipeg
Bmo has it too. Rbc was last of the big 5
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2012
1858 posts
1040 upvotes
Kelowna
I haven't seen a Scotia ATM have this. Scotia will probably be last of the Big 5 banks, and HSBC and Canadian credit unions will bring up the rear of all financial institutions, @Shawguy. Kind of ironic since CUs basically invented the ATM yet they're among the last to implement innovations.

Cheers,
Doug
Sep 28, 2003
198 posts
54 upvotes
Not surprising. RBC and CIBC basically use all the same ATMs and software, just customized for each. Although I like RBC's implementation better in this case.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2014
4439 posts
5185 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
dmehus wrote: I haven't seen a Scotia ATM have this. Scotia will probably be last of the Big 5 banks, and HSBC and Canadian credit unions will bring up the rear of all financial institutions, @Shawguy. Kind of ironic since CUs basically invented the ATM yet they're among the last to implement innovations.

Cheers,
Doug
Scotia has had this for at least 2 years. Not all branches mind you.
Support your local Credit Union!

Sask Pension Plan Upto $6600/yr in Credit Card spending on RRSP contributions
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/sask-pen ... ns-2167222
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1587 posts
1889 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
CIBC and BNS have their own variation of this, but I agree RBC's offering is best, with more denominations.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
5877 posts
2936 upvotes
Vancouver
My local RBC branch with the new ATMs still only has $20 and $50 as the options.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8545 posts
2321 upvotes
Mississauga
My bank is RBC and they always seem to be the last to accept new technology`s. It took them forever for the phone check cashing feature.
Sep 10, 2007
475 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
Scotia does have this too. I used it a few weeks ago with my Tangerine card at the Danforth/Woodbine branch.
pmb

"When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt."
~ Henry J. Kaiser
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2012
1858 posts
1040 upvotes
Kelowna
xgbsSS wrote: Scotia has had this for at least 2 years. Not all branches mind you.
None probably west of Ontario, or at least those outside of the major urban centres (less than 250,000 population) west of Ontario, I'd say.

Cheers,
Doug
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
20036 posts
4595 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
antigua1999 wrote: My bank is RBC and they always seem to be the last to accept new technology`s. It took them forever for the phone check cashing feature.
RBC was still one of the first to offer totally free Interac EMT.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
2125 posts
1622 upvotes
GTA
jonmac547 wrote: I've seen this at Scotiabank too.
Yes, I have seen it also.
The new options at the banks are not all the same.
e.g. CIBC/Simplii gives you 4 options to pick from, they are not always what you want (e.g. 220 will be $50x2, $20x6, etc... but no $100x2, $20x2).
However Scotia (and from the above screenshot, RBC): offer a more functional menu to choose the exact breakdown on cash denominations. This is awesome! :)