I'm boycotting West Jet

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2020 10:48 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5127 posts
1927 upvotes
Toronto
hierophant wrote: But strike out for what? What exactly did they do wrong?
I don't know. I don't know the whole story. You're right - maybe nothing at all. Entirely possible the family did nothing wrong and Westjet completely overreacted as is alleged.

I'm just saying that as a potential paying customer, I care more about how an airline treats paying customers and less about how they treat non-paying customers. For example some airlines cancel employee tickets last minute to avoid "bumping" paying passengers. I don't consider that bumping a passenger.
Nov 22, 2017
601 posts
347 upvotes
Meh shit happens... I'll fly with whoever can get me to my destination cheaper and reasonably on time.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
3758 posts
1835 upvotes
Extrahard wrote: Meh shit happens... I'll fly with whoever can get me to my destination cheaper and reasonably on time.
Yeah easier to say when it doesn't happen to you
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
35456 posts
9473 upvotes
Ottawa
MyNameWasTaken wrote: Yeah easier to say when it doesn't happen to you
No, shit happens, even to me (us). You read about it every day.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
3758 posts
1835 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: No, shit happens, even to me (us). You read about it every day.
Pete, let people vent man, you don't always need to be spokesperson for the airlines.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
35456 posts
9473 upvotes
Ottawa
MyNameWasTaken wrote: Pete, let people vent man, you don't always need to be spokesperson for the airlines.
How is that being a spokesperson for the airlines? I responded ot what you said.
Shit happens everywhere, for anything, for all things. AS I said, you read about it every day.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7429 posts
3529 upvotes
It would be interesting to take such scenarios back 10 years, 20 years and maybe 25 years ago to see how we think society then would have reacted then. Would the airline have behaved the same way? What about the family? What about the fellow passengers?

Our society is completely losing its composure today and when you add in how the media inflames (only certain) situations, I don't think in the big picture we are doing ourselves any good.