Shopping Discussion

Locked: I'm a CSM at Walmart, I'll (try) to answer your questions!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2019 1:30 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9061 posts
2653 upvotes
London
theguru wrote: Ottomaddox

Your logic is quite amusing. Proper spelling is not something to only roll out when you feel like it. That is, unless you like people assuming that you are an uneducated fool.

Don't worry though. Assembly line jobs don't require the people to spell.
Fortunately, I don't need to criticize other people's spelling to feel good about myself.
Banned
Sep 22, 2009
691 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
Ignorance is bliss. Enjoy
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2006
1642 posts
147 upvotes
sandikosh wrote: Yep, customers are the cause of it.
well and the company as well. The people working as well to a certain amour, but for the most part outside influences such as co workers/managers/customers
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20714 posts
4846 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Why is it so cold in the stores? I went in the one at Jane & Hwy 7 and I swear it felt colder in the store than outside. Can't they turn the heat up?
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9061 posts
2653 upvotes
London
sandikosh wrote: Why is it so cold in the stores? I went in the one at Jane & Hwy 7 and I swear it felt colder in the store than outside. Can't they turn the heat up?
Ironic my wife complains that our local store is too hot.
Feb 22, 2013
214 posts
21 upvotes
Why is Walmart selling fewer DVDs these days? Used to be able to get my movies from Walmart.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15588 posts
13187 upvotes
Richmond Hill
newsun wrote: Why is Walmart selling fewer DVDs these days? Used to be able to get my movies from Walmart.
Not sure if serious...
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20714 posts
4846 upvotes
Poormond Hill
newsun wrote: Why is Walmart selling fewer DVDs these days? Used to be able to get my movies from Walmart.
People are not buying it.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Oct 12, 2013
1 posts
Hey there! I know this thread has been... well... dead for months but I thought I'd post anyways! Walmart doesn't actually control the DVDs and Blu-rays it carries. It's all mostly controlled by a separate vendor who sends us our movies. They control the shipments/which movies are released and which ones they send us etc. etc. Im sure Home Office has a say in it but as to why we carry less I have no clue. I know my store's inventory hasnt decreased much but I'm not too sure about other stores :) Hope this helped!

Just FYI to all of y'all reading this, I do work at Walle World, I'm also a CSM but I used to work in Electronics (mostly), Toys, Receiving (backroom crew), Furniture, Foodside and basically every darn department in the store (Except cosmetics... I dont know girly stuffs. XD)

TheDoctorMDSLR
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20714 posts
4846 upvotes
Poormond Hill
I wonder how many people who work at wally world post here?
Feb 22, 2019
1 posts
How do you know if you passed your test to come a CSM.
Feb 18, 2014
494 posts
287 upvotes
What is the warranty policy for Everstart Batteries for cars.
The Warranty is 3 years free replacement or 5 years prorated.

Here's my story:
I went to return my car battery (receipt in hand) which was within the 3 year free replacement period and i was told I had to return it to the manufacturer, i called Everstart and was told the exact opposite (return it to Walmart). I then went back to Walmart and told them what the rep at Everstart had said and they couldn't answer me, tried to speak to the manager but he didn't want to talk to me, he told the lady at the desk that he was not going to warranty the battery, the lady at the desk said there return policy is 90 days. I left and shortly after bought one at Costco. I tried calling customer service which is task on it's own trying to find the number but shortly after speaking to them I found out they only handle online sales.

If I have to ship this battery to the States it's going to cost me as much as a new battery. (I'm from the Toronto area) something doesn't make sense here, Walmart store this happened at was located in the Keele and Wilson area.

On top of that, I tried leaving a negative review for the battery over at walmart.ca but my review wasn't posted, it seems Walmart is screening reviews which are negative because shortly after I posted a positive review for the identical battery and it was posted instantly.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15588 posts
13187 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bobby621 wrote: What is the warranty policy for Everstart Batteries for cars.
The Warranty is 3 years free replacement or 5 years prorated.

Here's my story:
I went to return my car battery (receipt in hand) which was within the 3 year free replacement period and i was told I had to return it to the manufacturer, i called Everstart and was told the exact opposite (return it to Walmart). I then went back to Walmart and told them what the rep at Everstart had said and they couldn't answer me, tried to speak to the manager but he didn't want to talk to me, he told the lady at the desk that he was not going to warranty the battery, the lady at the desk said there return policy is 90 days. I left and shortly after bought one at Costco. I tried calling customer service which is task on it's own trying to find the number but shortly after speaking to them I found out they only handle online sales.

If I have to ship this battery to the States it's going to cost me as much as a new battery. (I'm from the Toronto area) something doesn't make sense here, Walmart store this happened at was located in the Keele and Wilson area.

On top of that, I tried leaving a negative review for the battery over at walmart.ca but my review wasn't posted, it seems Walmart is screening reviews which are negative because shortly after I posted a positive review for the identical battery and it was posted instantly.
Was the year of manufacture sticker legible? If it wasn’t that’s the problem.
Sep 27, 2003
10252 posts
2776 upvotes
Newmarket
Necro thread bump and OP hasn't posted on RFD since 2017.
RFD Forums Moderator