Travel

I'm the dumbest person ever..passport needs to be renewed what do?!?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2015 3:23 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 1, 2013
1447 posts
462 upvotes
Toronto

I'm the dumbest person ever..passport needs to be renewed what do?!?

So my flight is tomorrow (Friday 12:20 PM) to the USA

just found out my passport is expired... expired in february of this year (I KNOW IM THE DUMBEST PERSON EVER YOU DONT NEED TO TELL ME)

Is there anything I can do to renew in a couple of hours?

Is there a way I can get the extended drivers license.

ANYTHING I CAN DO AT ALL????
174 replies
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3539 upvotes
I think you can expedite a passport. You would need to go to the passport office to do so.

Not sure if you will make your flight.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
7602 posts
3384 upvotes
Looks like you're SOL. Go to the main passport office nearest to you anyway and bring your proof of impending travel, you never know.

"Urgent and express service submitted at a passport office
Urgent and express services are not available at all locations. Check the service location map to find out which passport offices offer express and urgent service. For urgent or express service, you must apply in person and proof of upcoming travel may be required for express service. Additional fees also apply.

Urgent pick-up: By the end of the next business day"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/times.asp
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2008
1387 posts
57 upvotes
Go to passport office in in the AM
Have everything filled out, including your pictures
Pay Extra for Rush
Have your referrals by phone.

Hope they can get you out quick. Flight at 12:20 means you need to be at airport 1045-11ish if you are checking a bag, chances are low.

Call Airline now, ask them to push your flight to later in the day, pay $$$, do everything else above and leave tomorrow.

Same thing happened to my mom a couple years ago, we were out by 11 from office in Mississauga off Burhanthorpe, her flight was at 3ish.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 1, 2013
1447 posts
462 upvotes
Toronto
Do they renew the passport at the airport????

going to the passport office is not gonna be enough time I don't think
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2008
1387 posts
57 upvotes
Ferocious12 wrote: Do they renew the passport at the airport????

going to the passport office is not gonna be enough time I don't think
Need to go to office.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 1, 2013
1447 posts
462 upvotes
Toronto
Swarez99 wrote: Go to passport office in in the AM
Have everything filled out, including your pictures
Pay Extra for Rush
Have your referrals by phone.

Hope they can get you out quick. Flight at 12:20 means you need to be at airport 1045-11ish if you are checking a bag, chances are low.

Call Airline now, ask them to push your flight to later in the day, pay $$$, do everything else above and leave tomorrow.

Same thing happened to my mom a couple years ago, we were out by 11 from office in Mississauga off Burhanthorpe, her flight was at 3ish.

Thanks for your input bro... I can take the later flight and pay an arm and a leg, how big was the line in mississauga? I'm from Waterloo and was wondering if I should go to the Toronto passport office so I can beat traffic in the am.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2008
1387 posts
57 upvotes
Ferocious12 wrote: Thanks for your input bro... I can take the later flight and pay an arm and a leg, how big was the line in mississauga? I'm from Waterloo and was wondering if I should go to the Toronto passport office so I can beat traffic in the am.
Go to Mississauga early as you can - its 15 mins from the airport. We went maybe 30 mins before doors opened and a few people were there, and got served very quickly they will call your contacts. Make sure you have a passport photo done.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 1, 2013
1447 posts
462 upvotes
Toronto
Swarez99 wrote: Go to Mississauga early as you can - its 15 mins from the airport. We went maybe 30 mins before doors opened and a few people were there, and got served very quickly they will call your contacts. Make sure you have a passport photo done.
I don't even see the mississauga location as one that accepts urgent ones.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19320 posts
3007 upvotes
Woodbridge
Sadly that title still belongs to me. A week before leaving for Las Vegas I didn't realize I RECYCLED my Passport AND $700 in U.S. I stored it in this fancy box.

Seriously, showing the expired passport with identification is not enough for airport officials. I know OP messed up but OP leaving tomorrow they can't let this slide?
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4489 posts
3400 upvotes
Edmonton
How urgent is the flight? Seriously consider rescheduling your flight. You will be a basket case tomorrow. Take the hit now and save yourself a pile of aggravation. Reschule your flight for next week. Tomorrow is Friday and it is unlikely that you will get your passport within 24 hours.

Seriously, what time does the office open and you need to be at the airport at least 2 hours before flight time? I believe it is actually 3 hours recommended for international.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 1, 2013
1447 posts
462 upvotes
Toronto
starchoice wrote: How urgent is the flight? Seriously consider rescheduling your flight. You will be a basket case tomorrow. Take the hit now and save yourself a pile of aggravation. Reschule your flight for next week. Tomorrow is Friday and it is unlikely that you will get your passport within 24 hours.

Seriously, what time does the office open and you need to be at the airport at least 2 hours before flight time? I believe it is actually 3 hours recommended for international.

I need to leave tomorrow or nothing. I can book another flight for 6pm but I would need to get this all done by then. Does anyone know for sure if the Mississauga does the urgent delivery method? I can't find it online..
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
601 upvotes
Toronto
^ Hey OP! Go to the passport office tomorrow, be there 45 minutes before open (just to be safe). Explain the situation to the situation to the passport agent clearly and they will advise you from there.
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 1, 2013
1447 posts
462 upvotes
Toronto
LostInTruth wrote: ^ Hey OP! Go to the passport office tomorrow, be there 45 minutes before open (just to be safe). Explain the situation to the situation to the passport agent clearly and they will advise you from there.

How long is it gonna take though? my flight is at 12:20 PM..
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1689 posts
402 upvotes
6PM flight is your best bet - have it changed to 6PM, get to a passport office before it opens and be the first person the submit the request. Have ready your pending travel documents and just hope they are able to do it for you. No one here can guarantee you for certain it can be done (even if someone has had it done before).

OP, according to Swarez they got it done at that office. No one else knows so I guess you can either call the offices tomorrow and make sure or just head there yourself. If you head there tomorrow morning and it's impossible at least you can look for another office which can handle it (since you would have rescheduled your flight to 6PM). If not, you are almost certainly not going to make your original flight at 12:20PM
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 1, 2013
1447 posts
462 upvotes
Toronto
kmarcie wrote: 6PM flight is your best bet - have it changed to 6PM, get to a passport office before it opens and be the first person the submit the request. Have ready your pending travel documents and just hope they are able to do it for you. No one here can guarantee you for certain it can be done (even if someone has had it done before).

OP, according to Swarez they got it done at that office. No one else knows so I guess you can either call the offices tomorrow and make sure or just head there yourself. If you head there tomorrow morning and it's impossible at least you can look for another office which can handle it (since you would have rescheduled your flight to 6PM). If not, you are almost certainly not going to make your original flight at 12:20PM

Sorry I just checked the flight is actually at 2:54 PM :(

I have no idea what to do.. I'm freaking out.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2727 posts
1989 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Ferocious12 wrote: Sorry I just checked the flight is actually at 2:54 PM :(

I have no idea what to do.. I'm freaking out.
There's no way you will make that flight. Not trying to be negative. Push the flight up to later in the day- that's your best bet... Even then you may want to go to the passport office and see what they saw on how long it will take THEN re-schedule your flight accordingly.

It's a busy travel week this week with Canada Day/July 4/kids out of school.

Maybe I mkssed it- Which airline and destination?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4489 posts
3400 upvotes
Edmonton
Based on their own information, urgent is only the end of the next business day. Get to the passport office before it opens so that you are first in line. You will be able to know right away if they can do it for you. If they can, get it done and rush to the airport. If not, get on the phone and cancel your flight. You have no options. Go to bed and in the morning, head to the office that you can confirm does urgent ones. Don't waste time.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2084 posts
5328 upvotes
Vancouver
starchoice wrote: Based on their own information, urgent is only the end of the next business day. Get to the passport office before it opens so that you are first in line. You will be able to know right away if they can do it for you. If they can, get it done and rush to the airport. If not, get on the phone and cancel your flight. You have no options. Go to bed and in the morning, head to the office that you can confirm does urgent ones. Don't waste time.
Pretty much this.

(1) Go to passport office before it even opens with all documents.
(2) Plead your case.
(3) Ask them for advice.
(4) Reschedule/cancel your flight accordingly (hope it doesn't come to this).
(5) Tell us what happened :D
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2007
1397 posts
179 upvotes
Western Montreal
Just an FYI this is the very busy season for passport offices... Average wait time right now is ~ 2 hrs just to get to an agent...
OP your best bet is to get to the passport office as early as you can and try to be the first one in or close to it.... MAYBE they can do something but you'll need to have your references on standby...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)