Careers

I'm an engineering tech looking to get licensed with OACETT and had some questions...

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2020 3:18 pm
[OP]
Jul 23, 2015
11 posts
Mississauga, ON

I'm an engineering tech looking to get licensed with OACETT and had some questions...

I'm currently working as a Civil Engineering Tech in Ontario and was looking to get my certification with OACETT. I was wondering if anyone here has written the Professional Practice Exam (PPE) for OACETT. I have my test next month and I just had a few questions. How was your experience? Was the exam really in-depth? How much studying did you do beforehand?
3 replies
May 29, 2017
131 posts
67 upvotes
Take this with a grain of salt

occett is just a money sink.

It doesn't get you the job. Having it doesnt make you a better candidate than someone who doesn't have it . Im only speaking from my experiences. I went to college and it was advertised to help you get better employment, however I never worked for a company that valued it. They will write down having it is a plus, but none of my employers use it as relevance other than knowing the person really went to college.

That being said my friends dad use tonhave it before just stopped renewing (see comment above) but the according to what he just texted me " use that suggested book they sell you "