Automotive

I'm looking to buy a 2020 RAV4 Hybrid

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2020 6:15 pm
[OP]
Member
Mar 26, 2017
369 posts
189 upvotes

I'm looking to buy a 2020 RAV4 Hybrid

Hey guys,

I get so anxious when buying vehicles and I always get suckered into warranties and all that. It's just an all around terrible experience for me when it comes to buying a vehicle.

Saying that, how may I get a great deal on a hybrid? I tried emailing dealerships and they just want to get you in the door, sit you down and upsell, and unhaggle doesn't seem to work for the hybrid?
Can anyone think of a creative way I can get a deal on a 2020 Rav4 hybrid?

Thanks guys
22 replies
Sr. Member
Feb 17, 2015
714 posts
806 upvotes
Canada
First of all...good luck on finding one.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34411 posts
20443 upvotes
Center of Universe
CuriousJack wrote: First of all...good luck on finding one.
+10K...and that's probably the number of buyers on the waiting list in ON.lol
[OP]
Member
Mar 26, 2017
369 posts
189 upvotes
There seems to be plenty around where I live on the east coast.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34411 posts
20443 upvotes
Center of Universe
Gord18Stirr wrote: There seems to be plenty around where I live on the east coast.
Which dealership?
[OP]
Member
Mar 26, 2017
369 posts
189 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Which dealership?
Maybe I shouldn't reveal my secret location that has some =O
Newbie
May 5, 2011
49 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
You'll likely have trouble getting a good deal on these because the demand for them is extremely high. The dealerships in my areas each are only getting a few vehicles later in the summer and they're asking for $1000 deposits to reserve them. I'd be surprised if they discounted them below MSRP.
[OP]
Member
Mar 26, 2017
369 posts
189 upvotes
komnug wrote: You'll likely have trouble getting a good deal on these because the demand for them is extremely high. The dealerships in my areas each are only getting a few vehicles later in the summer and they're asking for $1000 deposits to reserve them. I'd be surprised if they discounted them below MSRP.
Why do you think there is a huge demand for them, especially with the prime coming out next year?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34411 posts
20443 upvotes
Center of Universe
Gord18Stirr wrote: Why do you think there is a huge demand for them, especially with the prime coming out next year?
The wait time for the Prime will be just as long.
I think potential buyers will take what they can get.
Newbie
May 5, 2011
49 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
There are quite a few folks on RFD who have been waiting months for their RAV4 Hybrid over on this thread: 2019-toyota-rav4-2166144/217/

Personally, I have a friend that ordered one near the beginning of this year and is still waiting for his to arrive. My experience is purely anecdotal and may be be irrelevant if dealers in your area are stocked up on them.
Member
Oct 21, 2006
498 posts
290 upvotes
op you don't need to get creative, just tell them "no". If they continue to push then inform them you "don't need or want" any extras.
Newbie
Apr 29, 2017
69 posts
46 upvotes
Burnaby
Gord18Stirr wrote: Hey guys,

I get so anxious when buying vehicles and I always get suckered into warranties and all that. It's just an all around terrible experience for me when it comes to buying a vehicle.

Saying that, how may I get a great deal on a hybrid? I tried emailing dealerships and they just want to get you in the door, sit you down and upsell, and unhaggle doesn't seem to work for the hybrid?
Can anyone think of a creative way I can get a deal on a 2020 Rav4 hybrid?

Thanks guys
So far it looks like people are paying MSRP. I was looking at ads in Craigslist Vancouver and there is one dealship advertising that they are getting about 20 of these Rav4 Hybrid in Aug. If they don't sell out and they still have them on the lot you may be able to get a small discount.
Also the 2021 will come out this fall, so if you want to pay MSRP I suggest you order the 2021 as soon as there is info and pricing. Also as soon as 2021 is available and there is stock of 2020 then you can have more leverage as far as getting a deal goes.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6389 posts
2697 upvotes
When I bought my 2017 XLE Hybrid - I used the email blast method and ended up with 2 GTA dealerships each trying to beat the other's deal - I ended up paying Dealer Cost + $100 and getting $500 off the extended warranty + the financing at the time was 0.99%
Newbie
Jan 25, 2017
25 posts
16 upvotes
Gord18Stirr wrote: Hey guys,

I get so anxious when buying vehicles and I always get suckered into warranties and all that. It's just an all around terrible experience for me when it comes to buying a vehicle.

Saying that, how may I get a great deal on a hybrid? I tried emailing dealerships and they just want to get you in the door, sit you down and upsell, and unhaggle doesn't seem to work for the hybrid?
Can anyone think of a creative way I can get a deal on a 2020 Rav4 hybrid?

Thanks guys
Are you in GTA? If so let me know the trim you want. I will see what I can do

Top