Request-A-Deal

I'm student and need help getting Visa card!!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2006 3:59 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
1805 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto

I'm student and need help getting Visa card!!

I had been using bank debit card just until last six months since then I have got mastercard, student line of credit all from Bank of montreal and it was easy to get all that, but I'm having tough time getting visa credit card from anybody, I have made application to almost all banks online but i'm afraid that because I don't have bank account with them they endup rejecting my application as I don't have long credit history can anyone give me steps or link that could help me get this credit card as i've already missed out on lot of deals mostly because they were made only for visa card.

I'm a university student, working part time from Montreal and I don't mind what bank or institution give me this card as long as it has visa, which place is the easiest to get this card and what steps do I need to take to successfully complete and get visa card, additional reward program would be bonus if possible, but ya I'll be greatfull if I can get some tips in this manner...
5 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
2048 posts
309 upvotes
indca wrote:I had been using bank debit card just until last six months since then I have got mastercard, student line of credit all from Bank of montreal and it was easy to get all that, but I'm having tough time getting visa credit card from anybody, I have made application to almost all banks online but i'm afraid that because I don't have bank account with them they endup rejecting my application as I don't have long credit history can anyone give me steps or link that could help me get this credit card as i've already missed out on lot of deals mostly because they were made only for visa card.

I'm a university student, working part time from Montreal and I don't mind what bank or institution give me this card as long as it has visa, which place is the easiest to get this card and what steps do I need to take to successfully complete and get visa card, additional reward program would be bonus if possible, but ya I'll be greatfull if I can get some tips in this manner...
Try doing something like this,
http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/tdvisa/sec ... roduct=GM4

Apply for cards aimed for students, they should be all around campus. Don't apply for everything as being rejected for a card hurts your credit rating.

I suggest u do this quickly b/c soon, all the companies will see u've been rejected by so many.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2005
1566 posts
4 upvotes
R. Hill
If a company rejects you, don't be afraid to contact the company and ask them why you've been rejected. At least then, you'll know what to repair.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2005
2009 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
Could also be that you have too much credit out there and they aren't sure if you can handle another credit card.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2006
2880 posts
apply to TD they usually give it to anyone. And apply for the student TD green or GM visa card..that are for students

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)