Travel

I'm travelling to Guatemala for a week on Jan. 19th. What is the best company for traveler's insurance?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2018 1:06 am
Jan 4, 2018
20 posts
2 upvotes

I'm travelling to Guatemala for a week on Jan. 19th. What is the best company for traveler's insurance?

Is BCAA any good? Any other suggestions? Thanks
2 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
11547 posts
5376 upvotes
Moving target
Most of them should be pretty similar. Just make sure if your planning to do any extreme activity that it's covered. Guatemala isn't a big extreme sports place (at least wasn't when I was there) but I know a lot of people rent dirt bikes near lake atitlan. You may wish to read carefully your coverage if you plan to do that. A lot of plans will cover you if you have a motorcycle license back home which many may not and in a foreign country likely won't ask for it. Many policies cover scuba but only if you have your PADI

Look at things like exclusions for zip lining or other activities you may wish to do.

Have a good time and remember you'll need to go back to Guatemala City for proper hospitals so be careful on stuff liek bridge jumping and just general clumsiness. Unmarked Holes in sidewalks are common. unstable hand rails tripping on cobble stone

Great country enjoy!
Autocorrect sucks
Jan 4, 2018
20 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks! I don't plan on doing any extreme activities.