• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2020 11:01 am
[OP]
Oct 8, 2007
42 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto

Immigration Next Year

We all know immigration is down this year. Assuming there is no vaccine next year, what is your forecast for immigration in 2021? Can Liberals start letting immigrants in in bigger numbers even if Covid cases remain high and economy remains in the dumps? We need
Immigration and Liberal party is built on immigration so I think they will have to open up the gates next year or else our real estate specially condos in urban markets will continue to devalue.
Share:
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
6831 posts
1279 upvotes
Scarborough
In normal times yes this country needs immigration to survive.
During pandemic, I’m not sure if we need to bring additional people here only for them to go on CRB or UBI. Not sure how bringing them here will boost the economy if they go into lockdown again....
I can understand spouses and children coming here but anyone else? Nah
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7581 posts
3671 upvotes
I am all for immigration if it means bringing in people with talent and ambitions that want to make Canada a better place to live BUT bringing in people just so we can sell them real estate doesn't sound like a well-thought out plan to me.

I think it could be a good time for Canada to start thinking about what kind of country it wants to be and what kinds of things we can do to grow our economy besides building more and more towers that a lot of people actually don't want to live in after living through a pandemic.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
3817 posts
2589 upvotes
Ummm immigration is not a "liberal" thing. You're posting in the real estate forum but making it unnecessarily political :rolleyes:
Before responding to someone (online or offline) ask yourself: is it true? is it helpful? is it kind? is it necessary? This comes from an old Sufi adage that is so relevant today.