Tags:
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
1681 posts
1073 upvotes
TORONTO
Yet another cryptocurrency scam.

I'm launching a new cryptocurrency, you should give me money in return for my database records :)
[OP]
Sep 14, 2010
156 posts
99 upvotes
Montreal
M8Rxmjsik wrote: Yet another cryptocurrency scam.

I'm launching a new cryptocurrency, you should give me money in return for my database records :)
Not a scam. It's backed by a well known financial institution and it's the first crypto currency to be legalized by the AMF unlike Plexcoin.

It's centralized. Therefore the value is controlled making it more interesting for vendors.

That being said you replied that generalized opinion 15 mins after I posted so I doubt you actually read about it.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2010
1191 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
many of the "icos' are mostly ppl wanting to profit quickly in any way, that being said, I would not want to invest in this one due to I'm not sure which exchange I will be able to trade at and for many others, they need to KYC or AML.
Last edited by GurungBoi on Aug 21st, 2017 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1508 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
too many dumb ICOs going on. there's very very few that's worth investing, but i doubt this is one of them.
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1508 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
BiegeToyota wrote: This is really going to crash hard.
what is going to crash hard? impak coin or crypto coins?
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
1681 posts
1073 upvotes
TORONTO
it.beaulieu wrote: Not a scam. It's backed by a well known financial institution
What well known financial institution is that? Doesn't seem to be listed on their website.
it.beaulieu wrote: and it's the first crypto currency to be legalized by the AMF
And yet no company by the name of Impak is listed on the Quebec AMF's website. Search for yourself:

https://lautorite.qc.ca/en/general-publ ... -practise/

(for those not familiar with it, the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is Quebec's financial regulator)
it.beaulieu wrote: That being said you replied that generalized opinion 15 mins after I posted so I doubt you actually read about it.
Sometimes you have to be first :)

But nothing indicates this is anything but a scam.
Mar 31, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
I bought Impak Coin and can definitely tell you it’s a scam. After more than three years I can spend, buy or trade coin. Basically, you buy coins that have no value because you can’t do anything with them and they refuse to buy them back to return your money. They use your money to run a side business and don’t care about you or your investment.

Beware of this scam and stay away.