Automotive

Impark Ticket After Parking for 18 mins in a 3 hour free lot ??!!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2020 7:57 pm
[OP]
Nov 12, 2012
581 posts
272 upvotes
Port Moody

Impark Ticket After Parking for 18 mins in a 3 hour free lot ??!!

Has anyone seen an Impark patroller issue a ticket that was waaaaay off?

I parked in a small lot with a 3 hour parking limit (no paid parking meters) to go for dinner at 5pm. My family stayed for an hour and 15 minutes. The ticket was issued at 18 minutes later, and documented at that time we were parked there for over 12 hours! I didn't even leave the house for the day until 11am! How do you even dispute a ticket that's off by that much?! How do the Impark patrollers typically tally parking time these days?
3 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
14997 posts
11496 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Just toss the ticket.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Oct 22, 2016
893 posts
802 upvotes
Comox Valley
Happen to me once, around 10 years ago. Parked on a city owned lot (library) with free parking for 2 hours. I went into the library, drop off my books, and when I came out, there was a parking ticket on windshield. I take a photo of the parking signs stating 2 hours free parking, and the guy (I did not see him at first) who give me the ticket seen me do that, and he came over to ask what I was doing.

I told him I had just parked their (within 10 minutes), and got a ticket, so I was going to complain. He told me that he gave me the ticket because on my tire, he seen the caulk mark, that they use to see how long I was parked there, and he thought it was his mark from a couple hours ago. I told him it must have been done in a different lot, and he believed me.

I asked him to cancel ticket, and he said he could not, as it is immediately processed by their office. He told me to phone in to request cancellation of this ticket, and I did that, and ticket was canceled.

I suggest take photo of sign, phone in and complain. If they do not cancel, complain on social media or BBB.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
16883 posts
14485 upvotes
GTA, ON
As @Cheapo-Findo says... But you can always keep your receipt from dinner and call them up. The dinner receipt will have the time you were at the restaurant, so unless you decided to eat the all-day non-stop buffet, tell them to bugger off.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)