[Dollarama] Incipio CommandKit Smart Power Bar (Apple HomeKit) $4

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2020 12:35 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
5695 posts
4455 upvotes
Calgary
Looks like Princess Auto has stocked these switches to clear out. 25$ on their website. I will check in store and see if they are cheaper there. Sold out in Calgary though.

Called a store, 25$ still.
Last edited by SammyDavis on Jan 12th, 2020 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 6, 2005
509 posts
149 upvotes
Rooster wrote: Darn, speak too soon. One of my switch is lost its configuration, cannot even resetting to factory default.
It happened to me a few times as well. Initially, I want to reset by long press the Light On button, maybe I didn't hold it long enough, or holding it a bit too long.... the switch just won't reset anymore. Tried long press again for 20secs.....1min...... nothing happens. Only option I have is to unscrew the switch and disconnect wires to restart device and then reset.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1743 posts
1069 upvotes
Ottawa
GTeyes wrote: There is a hidden button in the trim around the outside of the actual button part of the switch. That allows a hard reset. I would try that before going through all the work to remove the switch to reset next time.
I thought that's just to turn off the lights, I use it at night because I can't disable the PIR
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2395 posts
489 upvotes
GTeyes wrote: There is a hidden button in the trim around the outside of the actual button part of the switch. That allows a hard reset. I would try that before going through all the work to remove the switch to reset next time.
Tried it, no good. It’s a toggle on/off switch. Tried leaving it off for 5 minutes and turn on again. Still no good.

I ended up turning off the breaker and back on.
King of the farm
Mar 6, 2005
509 posts
149 upvotes
No, that it is NOT a hard reset button...... well at least for me and my friend's 10+ switches, this is not a reset button.
I blame Incipio for not even mentioning this button exist and cause all the confusion.

Just like @Rooster and @NoCountry4RFDer has reported back, it is only a toggle On/Off Switch for the Light. It disconnect the Load Wire (Red).
While the rest of the device continue to power and operate as normal. Even the PIR sensor operates and reports back to Homekit / HomeAssiant with this toggle On or Off.
Just to be clear, no settings (PIR settings or Wifi settings will be reset or forgotten) with the little button, for both Firmware 1.6.20 and 2.6.26.

I put some thoughts on this because a few other users claimed it is a reset switch for them. It might be possible that their Load and Line wires are connected the opposite way.
So when the button toggled, instead of the Load Wire to Light fixture gets disccounted.... The Line wire Powering the Device gets disccounted? I am not sure, just guessing.

Or of course it could be different Hardware Version.
Anyway, thanks for everyone's input.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
5695 posts
4455 upvotes
Calgary
Scote64 wrote: That's a bit of a waste of a dimmer switch, but hey, when they're only $4...

The other common solution is that you replace the other 3-way switch with a WiFi-only button that doesn't do any circuit switching, it just signals your home automation controller/service that you want to turn the light off, which in turn operates the WiFi dimmer. The buttons are cheaper than a WiFi dimmer switch (except of course when it's $4 from Dollarama...)
I tried connecting the incipio in a 3 way with a Lutron Maestro on the other end. Couldn’t get it to work properly. I’ll try both Incipios together next.
Jan 14, 2018
34 posts
12 upvotes
DNAv5 wrote: No, that it is NOT a hard reset button...... well at least for me and my friend's 10+ switches, this is not a reset button.
I blame Incipio for not even mentioning this button exist and cause all the confusion.

Just like @Rooster and @NoCountry4RFDer has reported back, it is only a toggle On/Off Switch for the Light. It disconnect the Load Wire (Red).
While the rest of the device continue to power and operate as normal. Even the PIR sensor operates and reports back to Homekit / HomeAssiant with this toggle On or Off.
Just to be clear, no settings (PIR settings or Wifi settings will be reset or forgotten) with the little button, for both Firmware 1.6.20 and 2.6.26.

I put some thoughts on this because a few other users claimed it is a reset switch for them. It might be possible that their Load and Line wires are connected the opposite way.
So when the button toggled, instead of the Load Wire to Light fixture gets disccounted.... The Line wire Powering the Device gets disccounted? I am not sure, just guessing.

Or of course it could be different Hardware Version.
Anyway, thanks for everyone's input.
Sounds like you know your way around the switch better than I do!
Interesting that there are two switches on the device to control the lights. Any idea why?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1743 posts
1069 upvotes
Ottawa
For those wondering how does the switch look from inside, here are some
Images
  • 20200112_223243.jpg
  • 20200112_223214.jpg
  • 20200112_223015.jpg
  • 20200112_182107.jpg
  • 20200112_182043.jpg
  • 20200112_182405.jpg
  • 20200112_181923.jpg
  • 20200112_181814.jpg
  • 20200112_181901.jpg
Jul 25, 2019
22 posts
5 upvotes
Also if someone is interested phytrex has an app dearhome on android that can theoretically change some settings on this devices... It doesn't work good as you know but sometimes working. It doesn't use any encryption and theoretically it's packets can be sniffed to be able to simulate it .
Mar 6, 2005
509 posts
149 upvotes
GTeyes wrote: Interesting that there are two switches on the device to control the lights. Any idea why?
The tiny little toggle switch isn't documented, but I could come up with a few reasons for them and make sense that it is there. Could also be mandatory electronics code... i dunno.
1. It is safer to replace your light bulb knowing the power is off and kept off. Your wife can theoretically turn on the light on the opposite side of the world via homekit.
2. It is safer to replace/work on your fixture with the same reason above.
3. You want the light to stay off short term and didn't want to disable PIR sensor settings.
GTeyes wrote: Sounds like you know your way around the switch better than I do!
Thank you, but no. I definitely don't know everything about this switch. I just want to give my input and help the community.
I was inspired by @Scote64, who wrote How to add voice control for Incipio smart switches using Home Assistant
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2395 posts
489 upvotes
Found some information about the cm2.xlink.cn. but I have no clue on what it's saying as I cannot read Chinese. I think it have something to do with some sort of cloud services.

Maybe someone that could read Chinese could shed some light.
https://docs.xlink.cn/pages/viewpage.ac ... d=27234541

Some more info here: it seems like it is sitting in aws cloud for developers.
https://github.com/mwittig/node-milight ... /issues/11
King of the farm
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1743 posts
1069 upvotes
Ottawa
RomanS36104 wrote: Also if someone is interested phytrex has an app dearhome on android that can theoretically change some settings on this devices... It doesn't work good as you know but sometimes working. It doesn't use any encryption and theoretically it's packets can be sniffed to be able to simulate it .
It doesn't work on Android 9+ though because Google started requiring location permission in order to use WiFi.

They have 2 new apps but they both have bugs on both Android 8 and 9.

Wondering if Phytrex and/or Incipio would be willing to share their apps' source code
Jul 25, 2019
22 posts
5 upvotes
Phytrex don't answer any emails Incipio don't support this products no more. Android 9 dearhome working good.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1743 posts
1069 upvotes
Ottawa
RomanS36104 wrote: Phytrex don't answer any emails Incipio don't support this products no more. Android 9 dearhome working good.
True, remember messaging Phytrex but never heard back from them. Maybe if someone speaks Mandarin can ask them in case they don't speak English

Can you add a new device with Android 9?
The easy connect page can't see my WiFi SSID nor search for available devices

Edit: oops, I was mixing between the 2 apps, I was referring to Phytrex Controller, I was having a different issue with dearhome, will try it again
Last edited by NoCountry4RFDer on Jan 13th, 2020 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.