Expired Hot Deals

[Dollarama] Incipio CommandKit Smart Power Bar (Apple HomeKit) $4

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2020 12:35 am
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2395 posts
489 upvotes
NoCountry4RFDer wrote: True, remember messaging Phytrex but never heard back from them. Maybe if someone speaks Mandarin can ask them in case they don't speak English

Can you add a new device with Android 9?
The easy connect page can't see my WiFi SSID nor search for available devices
Try connect only to the 2.4ghz wifi and see. These device don't talk 5ghz.
King of the farm
Mar 6, 2005
509 posts
149 upvotes
I just gave it another try and was able to add a new device with an old Android 6 phone using Phytrex Controller!
This is great news for me because I don't have any iphone/ipad and always had to borrow to add a new Incipio device.

Phyrex Controller can turn On/Off all my other Incipio switch as well currently connected with Home Assissant, but I can't change settings.
Phytrex Dearhome don't work for me. It listed the devices but I can't do anything with it.
Jul 25, 2019
22 posts
5 upvotes
I tried DearHome again and you are right I couldn't control the devices now, Phyrex Controller run well on android 9 and you can control the devices and "sometime" change the setting ... they also released new app called "waciao" doesn't work on android 9.
Mar 6, 2005
509 posts
149 upvotes
RomanS36104 wrote: I tried DearHome again and you are right I couldn't control the devices now, Phyrex Controller run well on android 9 and you can control the devices and "sometime" change the setting ... they also released new app called "waciao" doesn't work on android 9.
Just to report back with my experience. The newer Phyrex Waciao App's interface seems to be the same with Phyrex DearHome App. Both don't work for me on my older Android phone. But Phyrex Controller works with pairing new device and control them. I still can't get the settings to change with all 3 apps.
Last edited by DNAv5 on Jan 14th, 2020 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 14, 2009
44 posts
80 upvotes
Kelowna
Scote64 wrote: So turning off the PIR sensor in HomeKit works to prevent intermittent lights-on for no reason, but I see that it forgets the setting when there is a power failure. The only way I can see to restore the setting is the time-consuming process of hard reset to remove from Home Assistant control, set it up again in HomeKit, turn the sensor control off again, delete from HomeKit, resume HA control. Too bad HomeKit won't allow simultaneous control by two different controllers.
My light switches will revert to the PIR sensor being "active" after a power failure. The Incipio CommandKit app sucks but the Eve app is much better. I use it to turn the PIR sensor off on my switches after a power failure. I have had one or two completely loose their settings and had to be added back but that hasn't happened with the last couple of power outages (self induced to install other switches).
Jan 12, 2003
567 posts
163 upvotes
I bought 3 of these when the thread was posted, only installed 1, an it looks like I will be ripping it back out, its in one of the kids room and when it resets its a frigging pain to have to reconnect it with home assistant . And it seems to be disconnecting more than its worth (also about 6 feet away from the DECO AP so it shouldnt be dropping wifi, my ecobee switches have been rock solid on the same AP.)

In non true RFD form, I will keep investing into TP-Link/Ecobee switches - they have been flawless.

Soon FS << 3 switches in Brantford/Burlington >> 2 brand new, 1 Used.
2003/4 Logitech Cordless Navigator Duo
2007 - Pepsi - Score Every Hour - XBox 360 Arcade
2007 - KFC Chicken Bowls Contest - $5 Gift Card
2008 - Pepsi - "Win The Play" - 2 NFL Hats
2008 - WD - Crack the Code - TShirt
2009 - Wonder Bread Watch
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
5695 posts
4455 upvotes
Calgary
I have 2 connected in a 3 way now. The motion sensor works after an initial lag of about 5 seconds or so. Like it is in a sleep mode. Odd.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
2295 posts
1430 upvotes
Any chance someone could post which pins to connect to for serial console access to the chip?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
5695 posts
4455 upvotes
Calgary
Why would Incipio switch the firmware to a minimum 10 minutes on?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1743 posts
1069 upvotes
Ottawa
SammyDavis wrote: Why would Incipio switch the firmware to a minimum 10 minutes on?
Do they at least still let you turn it off?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
5695 posts
4455 upvotes
Calgary
NoCountry4RFDer wrote: Do they at least still let you turn it off?
Yeah. I have them in a 3 way setup and they weren’t working well so upgrading the firmware was my last hope. It didn’t help . Oh well. Just weird Incipio would change the default to 10 minutes.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2395 posts
489 upvotes
update: for anyone that have blocked xlink.cn and want to setup or re-setup another incipio device, you must first unblock the link in order to set it up. the device need to call home.

After the setup, you could block it again.
King of the farm
Jan 26, 2014
121 posts
125 upvotes
Rooster wrote: update: for anyone that have blocked xlink.cn and want to setup or re-setup another incipio device, you must first unblock the link in order to set it up. the device need to call home.

I did not experience this using the Android applications talked about before. I was able to setup the light switches with that DNS entry blocked.

This may be a Homekit implementation and if so a bad one for when the site goes down you can not add the device.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1743 posts
1069 upvotes
Ottawa
Rooster wrote: update: for anyone that have blocked xlink.cn and want to setup or re-setup another incipio device, you must first unblock the link in order to set it up. the device need to call home.

PipDeals wrote: I did not experience this using the Android applications talked about before. I was able to setup the light switches with that DNS entry blocked.

This may be a Homekit implementation and if so a bad one for when the site goes down you can not add the device.
I think you need to connect to xlink to login to the app don't think you need access to it afterwards from neither the app nor the device