Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
2208 posts
457 upvotes
Guelph

Incorporating Question

I just incorporated Federally and currently awaiting provincial registration. My (previous) sole-proprietorship was of course in Ontario.

Since I incorporated Federally, I don't need to incorporate Provincially as well correct? It's either/or and not both?

Thanks.
2 replies
Jun 14, 2017
25 posts
19 upvotes
Thai wrote: Since I incorporated Federally, I don't need to incorporate Provincially as well correct? It's either/or and not both?
You're right. It's either/or. Once you incorporate federally, you will only need to register as an extra-provincial corporation in the province(s) where you are doing business. In Ontario, you'll use Form 2 (which was automatically submitted, if you picked that option while doing the federal incorporation on the Industry Canada web site).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
2208 posts
457 upvotes
Guelph
Harbord wrote: You're right. It's either/or. Once you incorporate federally, you will only need to register as an extra-provincial corporation in the province(s) where you are doing business. In Ontario, you'll use Form 2 (which was automatically submitted, if you picked that option while doing the federal incorporation on the Industry Canada web site).
Thank you.