Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5456 posts
2988 upvotes
Toronto

Increasing aggressive drivers on the road

I been babying my new car for past 2 months driving the speed limit and accelerating slower then usual for the break-in period. I noticed every other day there are increased road raging drivers on the road. I am normally aggressive myself, driving little faster but haven't road rage yet, for past 20+ years driving I encountered like one rager per year. For me when there is a slow car in front, I signal and pass and be on my way. However, what is wrong which some people who tailgate like no tomorrow. Normally I would hit the gas but when I change lane for them to pass or when they decide to pass me on left or right, fist, fingers, whatever as they pass.

If you obey the traffic laws, do you find this to you as well?
Share:
21 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13894 posts
8988 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
and life goes on.......
peteryorkuca wrote: I been babying my new car for past 2 months driving the speed limit and accelerating slower then usual for the break-in period. I noticed every other day there are increased road raging drivers on the road. I am normally aggressive myself, driving little faster but haven't road rage yet, for past 20+ years driving I encountered like one rager per year. For me when there is a slow car in front, I signal and pass and be on my way. However, what is wrong which some people who tailgate like no tomorrow. Normally I would hit the gas but when I change lane for them to pass or when they decide to pass me on left or right, fist, fingers, whatever as they pass.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
29164 posts
14916 upvotes
Toronto
Oh! that was you. sorry.

j/k. Happens everyday in the centre of the universe. you can ignore and chill or you can join them. In the end, it is not worth it to increase your anger and/or frustration.
Jan 22, 2017
368 posts
232 upvotes
GTA
peteryorkuca wrote: I been babying my new car for past 2 months driving the speed limit and accelerating slower then usual for the break-in period. I noticed every other day there are increased road raging drivers on the road. I am normally aggressive myself, driving little faster but haven't road rage yet, for past 20+ years driving I encountered like one rager per year. For me when there is a slow car in front, I signal and pass and be on my way. However, what is wrong which some people who tailgate like no tomorrow. Normally I would hit the gas but when I change lane for them to pass or when they decide to pass me on left or right, fist, fingers, whatever as they pass.

Same amount as always. You're likely noticing them more because you're babying your new car/driving slowly.

Same thing happened when I first started driving manual transmission. Driver's behind you get so eager while you're going from first to second.
Jan 7, 2012
265 posts
75 upvotes
6ix

I actually started noticing this a lot more often myself, I was being tailgated by a Dodge Caravan for 5 minutes, they started high beaming me and honking at me, I made a right turn they went straight and they blared their horn some more then drove off.

The best part is we ended up crossing paths again as we took different routes to get to the same residential street, and they started honking me again LOL.
Helping people buy Hyundai's since May 2016!
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20768 posts
4893 upvotes
Poormond Hill

Hit the gas and get going! Ain't nobody have time for you to babysit your new car.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
6127 posts
2461 upvotes
Canuckland
OMG another one of these threads, go complain to your MP ffs
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21190 posts
10651 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I agree OP. That's why I stick to the right lane with all the other geriatrics.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
2041 posts
857 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I usually tail left lane slow pokes and sometimes middle lane slow pokes...

If the left lane slow pokes don't move I go around and then I give them a stern look and kinda cut hard in front of them with like 2 car distances apart.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
9049 posts
3359 upvotes
Mississauga

The only question for you OP, is whether you are babying and driving your car slow in the right most lane or not. Simple yes or no answer.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35615 posts
21672 upvotes
Center of Universe
Why do you need to baby your car during the break-in period?
Only thing you can't do is WOT!
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
2051 posts
552 upvotes
Woodbridge
Dear peteryorkuca daily blog...lately I've noticed road rage in the roads...
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2006
2558 posts
1157 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Or baby your car at 3 a.m.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2011
3049 posts
631 upvotes
Baby your car in the garage. Behind closed doors.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
2619 posts
2598 upvotes
Montreal
flyingnurse wrote: I usually tail left lane slow pokes and sometimes middle lane slow pokes...

If the left lane slow pokes don't move I go around and then I give them a stern look and kinda cut hard in front of them with like 2 car distances apart.
To the top.

Slow drivers should always move right - even if above limit.
May 10, 2012
260 posts
30 upvotes
Markham
Patience is a dead virtue.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
4317 posts
1806 upvotes
Slow traffic on the right lane, and everybody should be happy!

Enjoy the new car.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4151 posts
519 upvotes
what do you drive OP?
Russell wrote: We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.