Tags:
None
[OP]
May 30, 2009
502 posts
31 upvotes

Indeed.com and Resume submission

Hello,
I have some concerns with the submission process for Indeed. First, I don't upload my information on to their server and I apply as a "guest" and attach my resume and fill out the fields. I have my resume formatted in a PDF format with the covering letter as the first page which follows by my resume. What I usually do is, I make the customization on the word and export as a PDF therefore I'm tailoring to every job posting.

My concern is, Indeed sends me a "successfully applied" notice that shows my contact information and the comments field they have so you can post a cover letter, if you choose to. I was reviewing this message and I noticed that the PDF link is not clickable or in hyperlink mode. Am I doing something wrong? or Indeed doesn't support PDF.

Thanks,
Alyssia
8 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2012
3082 posts
325 upvotes
Mississauga
id copy and paste your cover letter into the body of the application.
[OP]
May 30, 2009
502 posts
31 upvotes
I do that as well. I'm concerned about the PDF. Thanks!
Penalty Box
Jan 7, 2011
1458 posts
160 upvotes
KW
Did they stop butchering resumes and posting them publicly by default?
[OP]
May 30, 2009
502 posts
31 upvotes
I uploaded my PDF into their resume builder and they butchered it. Everything was in the wrong field and they used my current job as the headline, not the one I actually put on my resume. In the end, I just deleted the resume and profile.I don't post my resume publicly because I don't upload my resume to their server.

Issues I'm having is, I'm applying to private doctors offices and they don't supply an alternate email address to send the resumes to. I have to select the "easy apply now" button.

Another alternative is I can look on LinkedIn if the jobs are posted there or find a phone number of the dr. office and ask the receptionist for an email address
Mar 24, 2016
4 posts
I wouldn't even use Indeed to apply. How many times do employers even look at the resume. I used to use it then, notice I got 1 or 2 people who looked at my resume. Use google find the organization or call and ask the best way to apply.
Temp. Banned
Dec 2, 2007
897 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
Indeed is a good site. I had job interviews from indeed
[OP]
May 30, 2009
502 posts
31 upvotes
Thank-you, I'm getting more call backs when I apply directly to the company website.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
3352 posts
295 upvotes
Calgary
Yeah. Use Indeed to identify positions, then apply directly through their websites.