Cell Phones

Independent Apple phone data recovery in KW area?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2021 11:52 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2004
2422 posts
1090 upvotes
Hometown

Independent Apple phone data recovery in KW area?

A friend's Iphone died. He wants to get the info from it. He took it to the local Apple Authorized repair place and they will NOT even attempt to open it to try to repair it. So he could just get his data. The back is broken so they do not have the ability to remove the cover because they use suction cups? LOL I also have heard any Apple repair facility will NEVER recover data from a device because you are supposed to pay to have it backed up on the icloud LOL.

So I was wondering if anyone knows a REPUTABLE independent shop that can hopefully recover the data on the dead phone with the back not intact, in the KW area.

Thanks
2 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2004
2422 posts
1090 upvotes
Hometown
audit13 wrote: The data on the iPhone is encrypted so recovery is very difficult: https://appleinsider.com/inside/apple-and-encryption

The back cover is made of glass which is why they use suction cups.
Yeah I knew it was a long shot to get the data, unless the phone could be fixed enough to start normally by some indy Apple repair shop. If they could start it then he would just pay them to transfer it to his new phone

The back cover right now is made of glass shards. Still fully intact and the phone was like it for over a year and worked fine. According to the local Apple approved, authorized and certified shop it definitely would only come apart in pieces. So they won't even try... Apple would take away their official authorization if they did for some reason.

I did not have time to find out why all his data is not stored in the cloud, it is not like he could not afford it, especially since he runs his business off his phone after hours. Then again I get about 5 to 10 requests a year from folks who don't have find my device or cloud storage enabled to save them from their loss...