211 posts

Indian Buffet/Take out in Scarborough.

Any recommendations?
9 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2005
2058 posts
75 upvotes
I have only had samosa's and I am not overly familiar with indian food but a lot of friends enjoy Embassy Restaurant at Finch and Middlefield.
Oct 22, 2004
400 posts
10 upvotes
Markham
Is that the same one as Samosa King? I've been there a couple of times for 5 Samosas for $1, but never tried the actual restaurant right beside.
Heatware: Rhombuss
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
3118 posts
3 upvotes
I went to pappadums once when they were just starting off. Pretty good stuff, some chinese food mixed in there, very good butter chicken, the stuff was fresh too.
TRANCE/HOUSE Fan?

D J H A R O U N . C O M
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
2350 posts
876 upvotes
Central Ontario
On the northern edge of Scarborough, there was a decent buffet place at Victoria Park & Gordon Baker. Not sure if it's still there, but I think it is.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2005
2206 posts
1 upvote
South Asian take-out:
Chennai Chef (Steeles and Kennedy/ across the street from Pacific Mall Mall/near gas station)

Kennedy and Sheppard/ near eyeglass/optical stores

[QUOTE]Eastern Twist
501 Passmore Ave.
(South of Steeles Ave. E., West of Markham Rd.)
Unit 17, Scarborough
416-332-8082
Open Tuesday to Thursday 11: 30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday and Saturday 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Closed Sunday and Monday.

Eastern Twist is a no-nonsense, take-out place serving savory dishes from Iran, India, Burma, Guyana, Pakistan.

I first found out about this place thanks to our listeners. I received a few emails about this place - one of which claimed that Eastern Twist had better butter chicken than Ghandi's Cuisine on Queen Street! Those of you who have eaten the butter chicken at Ghandi's know that's high praise.

Getting to Eastern Twist was not an easy task. When I say it's hidden, I'm not kidding. It's in a nondescript industrial building in Scarborough by the hockey arena. I actually got lost for a good half an hour and almost gave up but I eventually found the place.

It worth the trouble. The food is delicious - it tastes homemade, clean and not greasy
Dec 18, 2005
83 posts
JustMike wrote:On the northern edge of Scarborough, there was a decent buffet place at Victoria Park & Gordon Baker. Not sure if it's still there, but I think it is.

is that MEZBAAN youre talking about? people at my work go there all the time.
Dec 12, 2003
114 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
gb4 wrote:is that MEZBAAN youre talking about? people at my work go there all the time.
Go there all the time.. amazing Butter chicken. Heard their Biryani is pretty good too. Not a buffet though..
Oct 22, 2004
400 posts
10 upvotes
Markham
gb4 wrote:is that MEZBAAN youre talking about? people at my work go there all the time.
I think he was referring to the Indian Chef. Unfortunately, they closed just over a month ago.
Heatware: Rhombuss
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
2350 posts
876 upvotes
Central Ontario
Rhombuss wrote:I think he was referring to the Indian Chef. Unfortunately, they closed just over a month ago.
That name rings a bell... sorry to hear they're gone. They were nice people and the food was good.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)