• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2021 9:48 pm
[OP]
Feb 9, 2010
193 posts
105 upvotes
Aurora

Indian Clothing

Any shopped for Indian clothing here? Everyone says Brampton /Mississagua , but does anyone have any shop recommendations? I need some store names , so I can go and shop at for Indian clothing like lehngas, sherwanis etc. Usually shopping like this is done in India, but I am looking for local options .
TIA
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
7607 posts
1681 upvotes
Scarborough
The stores that sell fancy clothing here are pretty expensive (it also depends on if u think whats expensive or reasonable)
Talk to your relatives in india , let them tell u some brand names there, maybe then u can order on their website for shipping to Canada.
Some indian ladies also sell clothing in their homes on cash. Sometimes u can negotiate but gotta find them

Otherwise there's some stores in Gerard Street (the old india bazar), then check out brampton/mississauga etc.
Check local indian newspapers for store advertisements here.....usually can find them in desi stores or restaurants etc
Did you try kijiji or facebook etc?
[OP]
Feb 9, 2010
193 posts
105 upvotes
Aurora
Thanks, will try out Gerard street. I know its not going to be cheap but I would have never thought of shopping for Indian clothes here, but it is what it is.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2034 upvotes
Toronto
Malton, Airport Road and Derry, not far from Pearson used to be the spot for sweets, garb etc.
I remember a new strip plaza at Torbram and Peter Robertson or Bovaird.
Haven't been in years so I figure even more places above Bovaird and even West of Hurontario as well.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2749 posts
1141 upvotes
Gta
Check out Samreens in style on Facebook. She does live shoes from time to time. Her prices are reasonable but I’ve only ever ordered typical day to day wear …not wedding fancy. You have to WhatsApp message her if you want something over the live show but you have to be quick. She used to sell out of her home bit during Covid she stopped.

https://www.facebook.com/Sumreenimrans/
Koodo member
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5348 posts
7654 upvotes
Ontario
If are ok with checking out thrift stores, the Talize store in Mississauga at Dixie & Dundas does have some Indian womenswear on the clothing racks. There are three other thrift stores nearby but Talize seems to have the most selection in that area.
Fall is here!😃

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)