Entertainment

Indian Govt bans 59 Chinese apps including TikTok as border tensions simmer in Ladakh

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2020 4:11 pm
Tags:
None
7 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
34243 posts
3929 upvotes
Winnipeg
china ban apps all the time, it becomes news when someone else does it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
6665 posts
948 upvotes
Ottawa
I recommend changing the thread title to reflect that it's the Government of India and not the Government of Canada that is banning them.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
19161 posts
3326 upvotes
Toronto
Nobody should ever install Chinese software unless they're a Chinese citizen being forced to do so by the government. I'm honestly surprised any government or company permits them.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5680 posts
2252 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
Many Chinese apps are pretty much spyware for the Chinese government or have hidden backdoors. If a foreign country wants to ban them, all the power to them.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
12561 posts
2010 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Do a search for "tiktok reverse engineered". Don't know if it's for real, but I'm generally not interested in those types of apps, anyhow.

Here's a spoiler: “For what it’s worth I’ve reversed the Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter apps,” he concluded. “They don’t collect anywhere near the same amount of data that TikTok does, and they sure as hell aren’t outright trying to hide exactly what’s being sent like TikTok is. It’s like comparing a cup of water to the ocean – they just don’t compare.”
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41294 posts
6442 upvotes
This post has my vote! Thanks for sharing OP!
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 21, 2002
9703 posts
2236 upvotes
Winnipeg
did anyone read the article and then click the comments and see this spam!!!!

"My name is Dr.Stanley Adrian. Am a nephrologist in World Health Organization.under highland organ preservation Our Hospital is specialized in Kidney Surgeries and we also deal with Buying and Transplantation of kidneys"

OMG! thats the wildest and most disturbing spam I have ever read.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)