• Mar 9th, 2021 12:06 pm
7 replies
Jan 31, 2021
9 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver
ntchris wrote: https://freebies.indiegala.com/
quite a lot free games.
Thank goodness those only show the good ones! I was scouring around on the site once and was so shocked to find so many horny, crappy (free) games. I was a bit scarred after that.

Edit: See https://www.indiegala.com/showcase. Very big NSFW warning now, but that Teen Witches one got me (I'm pretty sure it didn't have an NSFW warning before, but I think it got enough complaints). Disappointed Face
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2010
1394 posts
309 upvotes
Just watched a brief walkthrough of this game, looks like its very frustratingly difficult!
Once there was a real deal in front of me I did not cherish. Not until it went OOS did I learn to regret. There's no greater sorrow. If heavens would grant me another chance I would buy buy buy. If I must put down a quantity, I hope it is 10000
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
3474 posts
935 upvotes
Toronto
ineedtostop wrote: Thank goodness those only show the good ones! I was scouring around on the site once and was so shocked to find so many horny, crappy (free) games. I was a bit scarred after that.

Edit: See https://www.indiegala.com/showcase. Very big NSFW warning now, but that Teen Witches one got me (I'm pretty sure it didn't have an NSFW warning before, but I think it got enough complaints). Disappointed Face
Thanks.

I'm not a gamer and I don't normally use Windows. So this isn't really aimed at me.

I clicked on "Theatre of War 2 -- Battle for Caen". I was interested partly because of the Canadian involvement in that battle. Only Britain is mentioned in the blurb. And it is an add-on to another game, not standalone. Interesting that they spell Theatre the non-US way.

"Conway's Game of Life (Python)" seems out of place. There have been an enormous number implementations in the last 50 years. Conway died of COVID-19. He was a remarkable mathematician. I met him once.

How do you try random games like these without being fearful of security threats?
Deal Addict
May 26, 2002
1850 posts
402 upvotes
ineedtostop wrote: Thank goodness those only show the good ones! I was scouring around on the site once and was so shocked to find so many horny, crappy (free) games. I was a bit scarred after that.

Is that Geralt of Rivia? Lol

-LeeBear
Jan 31, 2021
9 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver
Oh gosh sorry late reply.
Hugh wrote: Thanks.

I'm not a gamer and I don't normally use Windows. So this isn't really aimed at me.

I clicked on "Theatre of War 2 -- Battle for Caen". I was interested partly because of the Canadian involvement in that battle. Only Britain is mentioned in the blurb. And it is an add-on to another game, not standalone. Interesting that they spell Theatre the non-US way.

"Conway's Game of Life (Python)" seems out of place. There have been an enormous number implementations in the last 50 years. Conway died of COVID-19. He was a remarkable mathematician. I met him once.

How do you try random games like these without being fearful of security threats?
Ahh, actually I'm not a gamer too! I'm just part of the "games collector" club -- adding a bunch of games to the library and never actually doing anything with them. I don't even have the launcher installed, so I can't even play any of these games! If I did have time, I'd be playing the more well-known titles before I'd ever reach for any of these ones.

But you do raise a good point! I'd assume Indiegala would vet the games they allow to be posted up, but I'm not sure how rigorous they are. I'd hope they're as good as Apple in allowing what's in their App Store, but I'd still be weary.

Hey, that's pretty cool you got to meet Conway! (Rest in peace to him).
But yeah, the game with its title like "(Python)" does not look professional too. I'm guessing some of these developers are hobbyists who are hoping to make a name for themselves...?
LeeBear wrote: Is that Geralt of Rivia? Lol

-LeeBear
Hmm! Not sure what you're referring to. Is that a game's title? Sorry hahaha.