Indigo going down the drain?
First, there are no Indigo store in my area, so I'm only speaking for the online store. Years ago, I decided to buy my books exclusively from Canadian companies(I buy ALOT of books, and I admit I was filling amazon pockets.) So, I've been ordering online at indigo for years now, shifting all my books purchase from amazon to Indigo for english books, and local libraries for french books, all to keep the money in Canada when possible.
It was all good, but about just before the pandemic, I started noticing a steep decline in service and promos at Indigo, and it only got worse since.
- No more manga sales
- No more "top-off" points for plum(maybe I'm just unlucky, but it's been years since I got one)
- Alot less Plum points bonus promotions, or false promos(a meager 500 points for full price pre-order when you know the book will get a 40% discount when released...)
- Alot, and I mean alot, of shipping errors(wrong book sent)
- Horrible shipping delays on multiples orders(ex: shipping label created on a monday, but shipped 4 to 6 days later when the book is listed as in stock...)
- They removed themself from cashback programs like Greatcanadianrebates and Rakuten.
- The last 2 Plum Plus renewal, I had to call to get my bonus points. They simply never appeared until I called.
- It's been more and more dificult to talk to someone for Customer Service. They axed the email support, replaced it with a chat bot with eventually a human answering(chatting) , but lately the chat bot never pass the puck to a human anymore and creates a "ticket" instead, ticket that stays unanswered f-o-r-e-v-e-r. Not kidding, they never get back to me anymore through that system.
- Calling is the only option that seem to work, but even then, the waiting time is a killer, and most of the time the CS rep is totally clueless how to help. Latest example, orders passed on Dec 15th had no plum plus discount(10%) applied. When I finally reached them today(lost 2 hours waiting for the line)They had no idea why, and they had no idea how to give me the due credit!! They said they could only give me points to compensate, which is not acceptable at all in my mind. So I asked for a refund.
- Their website never evolves and is now severly lagging in functionnalities. You can't even search in your order history, that's a simple database request to code!!! Shops using Shopify have more functionalities....
This has all the signs of a ailing company, struggling to stay afloat. Less promos, cuts in the fidelity rewards, lots of errors, failing systems that goes unoticed(or so they say) until we complain, no more development(website), untrained CS staff, bad CS period...
So, I'm left wondering if Indigo will be there in 24 months... Toughts?