Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Indigo

Kings of the North: The Toronto Raptors (hardcover) - $15

Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1865 posts
1262 upvotes
GTA

[Indigo] Kings of the North: The Toronto Raptors (hardcover) - $15

Hard Cover book: Kings of the North: The Toronto Raptors is on sale for $20 (reg $25) online at Indigo.

Edit 2019 07 16 : price drop to $15

Pretty nice book that includes a summary of every game played in the 2018-2019 season as well as roster profiles and a few additional article. Would make a great coffee table book. Release date is June 25, but I saw it at Indigo Mississauga Erin Mills this past weekend (Sunday June 23) as soon as you walk in. It was regular price in store at the time, but it was also regular price online at the time as well.

Free shipping if you spend $25, so need a filler for that, or you can ship to a store for free. Also 4% Ebates.

ABOUT
From the heroics of Kawhi Leonard, to the leadership of Kyle Lowry and coach Nick Nurse, the Toronto Raptors produced an historic season in the NBA, and one of the most memorable years in Toronto’s long and rich sports history. For the first time an NBA championship game was played outside of the United States, and for the first time the Raptors advanced to the ultimate series. Kings of the North documents this incredible year in basketball, from the first tipoff in October 2018 to the last handshake in June 2019. Complete with more than 100 colour photographs, this is a must-have collectible book celebrating both the Raptors’ amazing season and its entire history.
Images
  • 1552679624.jpg
  • kotn.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 17th, 2019 1:37 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Reason: added an image
23 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1574 posts
3584 upvotes
Canada
Do you know if this is an online exclusive sale? I live near an indigo and was wondering to just go and check or not...
Live a little
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7971 posts
9092 upvotes
Toronto
Jackji wrote: Do you know if this is an online exclusive sale? I live near an indigo and was wondering to just go and check or not...
Website shows only a pre-order option.... so turn off your vehicle and go back in the house to watch a TV show for now
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1865 posts
1262 upvotes
GTA
They were in stock yesterday at Indigo Erin Mills for regular price.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
Seriously too many things released for raptors win... got to be selective of what i want to buy or i'll end up with a house full of books/mags...
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
2086 posts
1077 upvotes
BC
waiting for the video release of the championship run...
I have the dallas during the 2011 and how they humiliated the miami super team...
Nov 27, 2018
144 posts
135 upvotes
I don't know the author, Andrew Podnieks, but an introduction by Damien Cox? Booo.
I'll upvote because it's Raptors content and buying this is tempting, but Cox being involved sorta makes me not wanna buy, lol.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
Paigne wrote: Seriously too many things released for raptors win... got to be selective of what i want to buy or i'll end up with a house full of books/mags...
it will be in yard sales in 10 years for 50 cents. i have a full blu ray set of the canada mens and womans hockey (all games) and i tried to sell it for 10$ and no one wanted it.
Nov 28, 2005
725 posts
15 upvotes
Richmond Hill
costco selling sports illustrated paper version $11.19
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1865 posts
1262 upvotes
GTA
Went back to the store today and it's regular price in store. They would not price match the website discount even though there is a ship to the store for free option. They said I could order it online to get the 20% discount, but when you do that it won't be delivered to the store until July 3, which is silly because it was right there.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1865 posts
1262 upvotes
GTA
For those interested, it's 144 colour pages. Here is a rough table of contents:

Intro - 9
Birth of the Raptors - 13
2018-19 NBA Standings - 15
2018-19 Regular Season - 16
How the team was built - 17
2018-2019 Raptors Regular Season
--Games 1-82 takes up pages 19-74 with most games having a few paragraphs summarizing the night as well as a picture. Some games take a full page
2019 Raptors Playoffs - similar format to regular season game summaries except each game is a full page with 1/2 text and 1/2 photo.
Eastern Conference First Round
-- Games 1-5 (Orlando) pages 76-80
Eastern Conference Semi-Finals
-- Games 1-7 (Philadelphia) pages 81-87
Eastern Conference Finals
-- Games 1-6 (Milwaukee) pages 88-93
Championship Finals
-- Games 1-6 (Golden State) pages 94-99
The Players - pages 102-122
-- Each of the 16 players on the roster as well as Nick and Masai get a full or half page bio and picture.
-- An additional page listing the entire team staff
Raptors' Team History (pages 124-144)
- James Naismith - Inventor of Basketball
- The NBA Began in Toronto
- Regular Season Records
- All Playoff Appearances
- All-Time Roster
- All-Star Team & Games
- Slam Dunk Contest
- 2016 All-Star Game, Toronto
- Raptors 905
- All-Time Draft Choices
- Gallery
- Contributions & Photo Credits
Oct 22, 2007
359 posts
267 upvotes
kasm wrote: I think you are talking about the "We the Champs" book, which doesn't seem to be as complete as this one. You can "look inside" on amazon at the TOC and compare it to post #11: https://www.amazon.ca/We-Champs-Toronto ... 162937668X
Indigo-Chapters has the book for $17.75. So just buy them both and qualify for the free shipping :D

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/bo ... e&ikwidx=0
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6564 upvotes
Toronto
Which one to buy? This or we the champ
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1865 posts
1262 upvotes
GTA
Pochacco wrote: Which one to buy? This or we the champ
I decided to picked up both.

For the casual fan, I think "We the Champs" may be the better book. It doesn't cover as much topics, such as profiles on lesser known players or historical data like drafts and former all-star appearances, or much on the regular season. However, The write ups on the playoff games are more detailed (2-4 page spreads vs 1/2 to 1 pages) and have more photos. It's forward is also by Jack Armstrong. It's also cheaper.

For someone who watched almost all games this season, it's nice to have a recap of every regular season game as well as a bit more historical context in "Kings of the North". One thing neither book provides which would have been nice is the player box scores for the games as well as team matchups for the games (FG%, 3pt%, ft%, assists, blocks, rebounds, etc).

In conclusion for die hard fans, get both. For casual fans get We the Champs, which I picked up at Costco for $11.59. See thread here: costco-2019-nba-champion-raptors-commem ... v-2293388/
Last edited by kasm on Jun 27th, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6564 upvotes
Toronto
kasm wrote: I picked up both. For the casual fan, I think "We the Champs" may be the better book. It doesn't cover as much topics, such as profiles on lesser known players or historical data like drafts and former all-star appearances, or much on the regular season. However, The write ups on the playoff games are more detailed (2-4 page spreads vs 1/2 to 1 pages) and have more photos. It's forward is also by Jack Armstrong. It's also cheaper.

For someone who watched almost all games this season, it's nice to have a recap of every regular season game as well as a bit more historical context. One thing neither book provides which would have been nice is the player box scores for the games as well as team matchups for the games (FG%, 3pt%, ft%, assists, blocks, rebounds, etc).

In conclusion for die hard fans, get both. For casual fans get We the Champs.
Thank you so much Grinning Face
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Apr 8, 2007
566 posts
202 upvotes
Looks like further discounted down to $15 now.
Images
  • Indigo.JPG
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
nuclearhot wrote: Man they're gonna milk this forever
They should seeing as its the first major sports win for TO since they Jays, the first Canadian NBA Champion and its the first franchise win which is absolutely critical to establish legacy. Having said that, I was hoping for a little dynasty and it looks like we won't even make the semis next season (unless Spicy P turns into Kawhi), which will probably be followed by a rebuild tbh. In the end, it was all worth it.
For Sale:

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)