Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Indigo

Spend More, Save More Event (15% off $75+, 25% off $150+, Plum Plus gets extra 10% off) - Dec 8-11

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2022 12:21 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
25050 posts
202770 upvotes
GTA

[Indigo] Spend More, Save More Event (15% off $75+, 25% off $150+, Plum Plus gets extra 10% off) - Dec 8-11

Indigo is running a Spend More, Save More event with 15% off purchases of $75+, 25% off purchases of $150+, and Plum Plus members get an extra 10% off. Typical exclusions apply (electronics, gift cards, specific brands like LEGO and Casper, as well as specialty baby brands like UPPAbaby). Full exclusions list here.

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/savemore/
10 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2008
1629 posts
1374 upvotes
Exclusions:
  • eBooks
  • electronics and related accessories
  • American Girl® (other than Wellie Wishers™)
  • Basil Bang
  • Blueland
  • Casper products
  • Cricut
  • Endy
  • Ergonofis
  • Fatboy
  • Flax Sleep
  • Gift cards
  • Gravity
  • Gus*Modern
  • Haden
  • Iron Embers
  • Keurig
  • Kooduu
  • Lee Valley
  • LEGO®
  • Love of Reading products/donations
  • Indigo Experiences
  • Therabody
  • TOOU
  • Stendig
  • The Detox Market
  • Thoughtfull™ purchases
  • plum® PLUS memberships and renewals
  • Shipping costs
  • The following baby brands:
  • BabyBjorn®, Babyzen, Beaba, Britax, Bugaboo, Clek, Cybex, Dekor®, Diono, ecobee, select Graco, Halo® Bassinests®, Herschel Supply Co, Jellycat®, Keekaroo, Kyte Baby, Love To Dream, Maxi Cosi®, Miku, Mima, Nanit, Native Shoes, Nomi, Nuna, Olli Ella, Owlet®, PlanToys, Quincy Mae, select South Shore, Stokke®, Stonz, Thule, UPPAbaby®, and Veer.
Mar 4, 2020
9 posts
Is the website broken for anyone else? ): ): ):
I guess everyone's trying to order all at once...
Jun 29, 2005
196 posts
156 upvotes
It’s down - if you try chat there’s a message to say the website is having technical difficulties :(
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
1110 posts
1693 upvotes
Tried adding something to cart and got an error message.
Mar 4, 2020
9 posts
It was briefly 25% + 10% off...now it's 10% off after the 25% is calculated. Maybe that's why they had "technical issues" while fixing the discount. I didn't order in time ):

EDIT: Nevermind, this is making no sense...a $12.99 book is being discounted to $9.57, a ~26.4% discount....

EDIT #2, because this is really bothering me: It has something to do with Sale items. If I add a $35 item (on sale from $50) to my cart, the overall total goes UP by over $50. So be careful with items on sale...?
Jan 19, 2007
30 posts
7 upvotes
ilikeapples wrote: It was briefly 25% + 10% off...now it's 10% off after the 25% is calculated. Maybe that's why they had "technical issues" while fixing the discount. I didn't order in time ):

EDIT: Nevermind, this is making no sense...a $12.99 book is being discounted to $9.57, a ~26.4% discount....

EDIT #2, because this is really bothering me: It has something to do with Sale items. If I add a $35 item (on sale from $50) to my cart, the overall total goes UP by over $50. So be careful with items on sale...?
I've commented on this behaviour in the duplicate thread. The total discount for the order is correct, but it seems that the per item discount is inaccurately derived from the total discount (i.e., assuming that the same promotions apply to every item).
Last edited by TamLin on Dec 9th, 2022 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 4, 2020
9 posts
Yup, thanks (: I kept all my sale items in a separate smaller order so it wouldn't drag down the price of everything else...

Still the best sale for manga/etc I've seen recently, I pre-ordered stuff in Nov for 25% off, but will cancel and do it again now for the extra 7.5% off, lol
...And bought another entire series >_<
Apr 22, 2010
597 posts
192 upvotes
Barrie, ON
INCLUDE LEGO YOU COWARDS!
Jan 19, 2007
30 posts
7 upvotes
ilikeapples wrote: Yup, thanks (: I kept all my sale items in a separate smaller order so it wouldn't drag down the price of everything else...
The sale items don't actually reduce the discount for the non-sale items (as reflected in the discount for the entire order). It's just that the per item discounts are shown incorrectly; for an order with sale items for which the promotion doesn't apply, the discount for a non-sale item is decreased, but the discount for a sale item is inflated.

I was thinking that these discrepancies have no side effect other than to confuse customers, but they can cause other problems. For example, one of the books in my order has shipped in advance of the others, so I've been charged just for it so far -- using the *wrong* discount. If some of the sale items are never shipped or are returned, I would be overcharged for the remaining items. So perhaps it *is* wise to place separate orders as you did (though I needed to include everything in the same order to qualify for the promotion).
Mar 4, 2020
9 posts
TamLin wrote: So perhaps it *is* wise to place separate orders as you did (though I needed to include everything in the same order to qualify for the promotion).
Just add an expensive pre-order item to qualify! And then cancel it later haha

I did notice they fixed it, the discount for sale items is capped at 32.5% off the original price. On Thursday night I was getting 12.99 books for $6.67, now it's capped at $8.77, which is the same price I'm getting for the non-sale items. So I don't you have to separate the orders anymore, although we're not getting the crazy discounts on sale items anymore either...