Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2018

[Indochino] Indochino - Custom Men’s Suits - Black Friday Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2018 2:23 am
Oct 26, 2003
557 posts
108 upvotes
Markham
I second that, get measurement done first. $369 is the best price since last year’s Black Friday sale.
Feb 2, 2011
142 posts
27 upvotes
New Westminster
althanis wrote:
Nov 11th, 2018 10:35 pm
That’s not right at all, the part about wool roasting you in the summer. Worsted wool is fine to wear all year round, and other types like fresco and hop sack are made for warm weather.

Flannel you’ll want to keep to just winter, and tweed.

This is all apart from what a terrible option Indochino is for suits from what I’ve heard/read.
Kindly care to elaborate? I'm considering Vietnam Hoi An next year,
I heard buy suits there?
Mar 22, 2013
591 posts
766 upvotes
Toronto
fsteiner wrote:
Nov 12th, 2018 3:31 am
I heard buy suits there?
You can just google reviews of them and see.

To be honest, if I needed a suit (I wear sport coats) I’d just go with SuitSupply or Spier and Mackay. And I have no vested interest in either of them, for what it’s worth.

Both of those are going to get you half canvas suits, with SS maybe a little more expensive compared to Spier and Mackay, but sometimes the latter’s stock gets low so sizes might run out.

If you don’t like the aura of these downtown stores (SS is in Yorkville and S&M has a downtown showroom), S&M also has another location in Mississauga. But to be honest all locations of both stores have nice staff.
Apr 23, 2017
28 posts
10 upvotes
It ain't worth it, even at these prices. Echoing the post above, go to SuitSupply or Spier & Mackay. A little more expensive, but much better quality and customer service.
Apr 12, 2018
23 posts
13 upvotes
After I went in to get measured I've ordered twice from Indochino in the last four months - once in August ($600ish total) and another this weekend ($400ish total).

Naturally I can't yet speak for my most recent purchase but for what it's worth the 1st order in August was great, literally no complaints. Mind you I was measured by one of their more experienced staff who did a great job of sizing me appropriately. I didn't need any alterations which was a pleasant surprise.
Dec 5, 2016
166 posts
199 upvotes
redkulat wrote:
Nov 12th, 2018 12:53 am
I'd recommend the opposite. Go into an Indochino showroom and get measured. Your profile will be saved so you can order based on that. They might even be able to honour the sale, I did this for boxing week last year.
As far as I'm aware, they always honour the sale in-store.
Dec 24, 2017
321 posts
539 upvotes
lel
Ehh, I didn't find the suit i bought worth it. Had to get it re fitted twice because of faulty measuring and the material seemed almost translucent..... although that could be considered a positive for a summer suit.
Koodo $45 - 4GB +1GB bonus (retention deal). S9 for $360-150 GC
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1757 posts
359 upvotes
Scarborough
Had a pretty bad experience with Indochino.

Buddy was getting married and needed 5 suits total (each $900+). Getting outfitted and measured was fine but when it was time to try on the suits we all had issues...usually pants are too long, shirts don't fit right, blazer too large, etc.

This would go on-and-on 3-4 times for each of us and there was one time where they even sent the wrong suit back. Since it takes time to send off for adjustments, ship back, and try on again, we wasted a lot of time and ultimately had to just stick with whatever we had for the wedding. I have not worn that suit again since the wedding.

I went to Thailand for a trip and decided to pick up a tailored suit while I was there. Total cost was about $250 for their best options, took total of 2 days (1 day to measure and 1 to deliver), with no re-adjustments required (literally fit perfect the moment i put it on). Ended up buying 2 more suits delivered to my home (took 3 months but still worth lol).

I wear my tailored suits from Thailand anytime i need to wear a suit.
Dec 3, 2007
212 posts
130 upvotes
boyaremyarmstired wrote:
Nov 12th, 2018 6:02 am
It ain't worth it, even at these prices. Echoing the post above, go to SuitSupply or Spier & Mackay. A little more expensive, but much better quality and customer service.
Just bought a suit from Suit Supply and was a good experience. Expect to pick up the suit this week.
Been to Spier & McKay several times to buy custom shirts. The customer service was so bad and the measurements/cut of the shirt needed to be corrected multiple times, Measurements were way off and when they were corrected, communication of when they'd be ready was always incorrect. Felt like a yo-yo going is as many times as I did to either correct a mistake or to find out nothing was done/shirts weren't ready. I can't imagine the aggravation if you bought a MTM suit or the suit needed alterations.
If you're lucky enough to be off the rack, then Spier & McKay might be ok, but be warned if there are any alterations or you need custom.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2172 posts
546 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
fsteiner wrote:
Nov 12th, 2018 3:31 am
I heard buy suits there?
Yes, there are three to four shops that make amazing suits for incredibly low price. Stock up here. Avoid the other 99% (and there are hundreds of them) that ship out to the same factory with very little quality.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4567 posts
531 upvotes
Markham
althanis wrote: You can just google reviews of them and see.

To be honest, if I needed a suit (I wear sport coats) I’d just go with SuitSupply or Spier and Mackay. And I have no vested interest in either of them, for what it’s worth.

Both of those are going to get you half canvas suits, with SS maybe a little more expensive compared to Spier and Mackay, but sometimes the latter’s stock gets low so sizes might run out.

If you don’t like the aura of these downtown stores (SS is in Yorkville and S&M has a downtown showroom), S&M also has another location in Mississauga. But to be honest all locations of both stores have nice staff.
I think Mississauga Store has more discounts suit selection
Aug 23, 2014
131 posts
48 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
glib wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 3:31 pm
Just bought a suit from Suit Supply and was a good experience. Expect to pick up the suit this week.
Been to Spier & McKay several times to buy custom shirts. The customer service was so bad and the measurements/cut of the shirt needed to be corrected multiple times, Measurements were way off and when they were corrected, communication of when they'd be ready was always incorrect. Felt like a yo-yo going is as many times as I did to either correct a mistake or to find out nothing was done/shirts weren't ready. I can't imagine the aggravation if you bought a MTM suit or the suit needed alterations.
If you're lucky enough to be off the rack, then Spier & McKay might be ok, but be warned if there are any alterations or you need custom.
I just bought a suit from Spier & Mckay. Pretty good for a ~$350 suit, including a few minor alterations. I have average build though so ymmv. I went to their Meyerside location in Mississauga. Very good experience with their employee Brandon, highly recommended. I suggest calling first and set an appointment with him.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
3923 posts
849 upvotes
Vancouver
I have purchased suits three times from Indochino. Most recently about a year ago, and then two and four years ago. Each time I've gotten measured in-store and then had alterations done. Consistently, the quality of the alterations and the speed has just absolutely bombed. It was terrible. I am still not 100% happy with my first suit and it took almost a year for them to get it to a level that was acceptable. Long story short, it took about three alterations before they agreed that a remake was necessary. Even after the remake the lapels still popped due to poor fitting that they could not resolve. Basically the jacket closes too high on my chest. Decided to try again with a fresh set of measurements and a new suit two years later and had the same issue. I gave up on this one fairly quickly because they changed their post-sale service commitment. It was now one alteration + one remake, if necessary, and that was it, you'd get your money back. It didn't work out so I returned the suit for 100% refund. They mentioned that they were working on better fitting (I'm guessing because this kind of thing was common) and a year later, they now use revised measuring techniques. Basically they have pre-measured suits they use to get a benchmark before they get going. I decided to chance it one more time. This time it really was a gamble because they changed their post-sale policies again- it's now incredibly vague what they will do for you with an ill-fitting suit but it's something along the lines of one alteration session and no refund. What they will probably do for you with some pushing if it's really bad is more alterations, a remake and a store credit as a final remedy. Well, guess what, this was by far the best fitting suit yet. It's not perfect, but I'd say it's 95% of the way there and I'm happy wearing it.

But here's the thing, service and quality-wise, the only thing that has changed in four years is more bodies in the store meaning you no longer have to wait 2-3 weeks to get an appointment for a fitting. Simple alterations still take an ungodly amount of time (1-2 weeks). Remakes and initial purchases still take about a month to receive. Quality of the suits and quality of the tailoring is still sub-par. My well-fitting suit has a tear in the collar after less than a year of use. I've heard consistently bad reviews regarding quality and also from large groups (wedding parties). Unless you are planning a year in advance, trying Indochino two months before the big day will cause you nothing but grief. They've also basically cut their 100% satisfaction guarantee (alterations + remakes + full refund used to be explicit) down to "let's try our best and if it still doesn't work out, we'll give you a credit to buy another suit that will probably not work out for you either." The quality of the in-house tailoring is also god-awful. The invisible seams in my pant legs where they altered are not invisible. Where they shortened my sleeves, the cutting is uneven.

On the bright side, scale and policy changes have probably impacted their margins, allowing them to offer some of the most competitive pricing on the market. You also cannot beat the level of customization that is offered by Indochino. Pick-stitching, different accent colors, real sleeve buttons and basically every imaginable tailoring option for your suit jacket. That's the magic of MTM. You might have more success and less headaches buying off the rack and finding a suit that fits 80% and then altering it to perfection but it'll be bland and basic with none of the "cool mods" I just mentioned above- but 90% of people don't need these mods to look good because 90% of the population either doesn't care or doesn't know what a truly great suit looks like.
Removed external link in signature.