• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2010 2:06 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 7, 2006
11 posts

inexpensive counter stools

Does anyone know where I can get inexpensive leather counter stools.

I need 3 total,

Thanks!!! :)

Update*********. I found three really nice black leather bar stools at ARV furniture in the Dixie Mall Fleamarket. Another store was charging me 269 for the exact same chair (i know it exact because it was the same style number and manufacturer) and at ARV they were 125 each taxes in. I suggest checking this place out for any furniture needs. There are only open on Saturdays and Sundays but if you email them what you are looking for they will get back to you with a price!

www.arvfurniture.com
14 replies
Jul 21, 2006
654 posts
9 upvotes
macfig wrote:Does anyone know where I can get inexpensive leather counter stools.

I need 3 total,

Thanks!!! :)
Try Chair Source in Vaughan.

Jay
Sep 8, 2006
1 posts
You can try Urban Barn as well. They have some interesting styles of barstools that are very reasonably priced. Good luck.

Fini.
Banned
May 29, 2005
2255 posts
36 upvotes
We bought ours from linen and things, using one of their 20% discount coupons
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19759 posts
4359 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
You should avoid the ANSSI stools from IKEA. They are cheap ($24.50/ea) and comfortable but I think they have some sort of design flaw. Certain screws on the bottom will simply not go in without Herculean amounts of torque.

Both I and my parents bought some of these stools and we had the same problems putting them together.
Sep 3, 2006
532 posts
140 upvotes
GTA Ontario
Try Ashley Furniture; they have nice stools. They are not cheap (24 or 30 in are around $120), but a very good quality..........just ordered 3 of them today!

Ps. Ashley store is located at Hurontario and Eglinton in central Mississauga

Breton_Rex
Sep 3, 2006
532 posts
140 upvotes
GTA Ontario
Their current promotion (The Ashley Furniture store): No Tax, so we can save $16.80 per stool!

Breton_Rex
[OP]
Sep 7, 2006
11 posts
Breton_Rex wrote:Their current promotion (The Ashley Furniture store): No Tax, so we can save $16.80 per stool!

Breton_Rex

Are they the leather back stools?

Thanks for the tip!
Sep 3, 2006
532 posts
140 upvotes
GTA Ontario
No! No leather back on them, only a seat is covered with black leather and legs are made from the oak and are black colour.

Summary: They are very comfortable to sit on, very stable, and worth ewery penny you spent on it.

We tried some from the Ikea store in a $100 price range, but it was like a day and night.

Breton_Rex
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8813 posts
983 upvotes
We got ours from zellers... yeah... cheap but we like them. dark solid wook and faux leather. gf is gonna put some nice cloth once the faux leather wears out. $39.99 each.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
[OP]
Sep 7, 2006
11 posts
Update*********. I found three really nice black leather bar stools at ARV furniture in the Dixie Mall Fleamarket. Another store was charging me 269 for the exact same chair (i know it exact because it was the same style number and manufacturer) and at ARV they were 125 each taxes in. I suggest checking this place out for any furniture needs. There are only open on Saturdays and Sundays but if you email them what you are looking for they will get back to you with a price!

www.arvfurniture.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apr 1, 2010
1 posts
Couple months ago I bought 2 bed sets from Arv furniture, and they were great! There was free delivery, plus they set up the furniture. It is worth buying from Arv furniture which was inexpensive. If they don't have what you are looking for they also have catalogs of furniture which includes nice furniture, with inexpensive prices!
Dec 21, 2010
1 posts
Toronto
Saw a reference to Chair Source and decided to warn that prices are quite high, however the quality of the products are not as good as one would expect for the price. Bought 6 dining chairs and stitches started tearing apart in a few months on 2 of them. In about a year 4 out of 6 chairs have this problem now and I'm sure the other 2 left will have exactly the same issue soon. Talked to Chair Source, they promised to help, eventually took me 3 months of waiting and negotiations to learn that there is nothing they can do, although three months ago I was assured that they stand behind their products.
BTW, checked ARV Furniture website suggested by Macfig and Jaslene and found chairs similar to the ones I bought at Chair Source for just 1/3 of the price I paid.
Nov 15, 2009
560 posts
229 upvotes
kitchen stuff plus has really cheap, nice looking stools
we bought 4 @ $38 a while back. The same ones at other stores were $90-120.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)