Travel

inexpensive parking near OBX-Oshawa Sports Centre?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2015 5:12 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2004
1447 posts
60 upvotes

inexpensive parking near OBX-Oshawa Sports Centre?

Hello,
Is there an inexpensive parking near OBX-Oshawa Sports Centre aka GM Centre? Going to watch boxing on Saturday, willing to walk 10-15 minutes.
Public transit is not an option.

Thanks!
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
5709 posts
2380 upvotes
Abbottabad
should take public transit.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2010
1191 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
if i rmeember right.. there should be cheap parking around the LCBO area (king st)
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
2417 posts
1064 upvotes
GTA
Have you checked out toronto2015.org? Info on there about $10 parking across the street, I was considering going last Saturday but did not. All the venues are identified and they tell you how to get there by various means, transit, driving, walking, etc.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9087 posts
3697 upvotes
Toronto
For comparison:

For the Markham sports complex, the parking lot field is quite a walk. The nearby school, residence, shops, YMCA, all have signs saying no Pan Am parking. They all know a lot of people want to try park there free. But if you park in shops/streets further away, you can walk.

For the baseball/softball complex AJX, all the streets around are closed off (well, only to local traffic, strictly checked). The only real parking option was the big parking lot field they provide. $10 is not bad, as that's for the all day.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2004
1447 posts
60 upvotes
wackojacko wrote: Have you checked out toronto2015.org? Info on there about $10 parking across the street, I was considering going last Saturday but did not. All the venues are identified and they tell you how to get there by various means, transit, driving, walking, etc.
I did not find anything about $10 parking. I just found this:
"General parking is available at the municipal parking garage at Mary Street North and King Street. Parking fees vary by time of day."

If it is $10 - I do not mind paying that, if I can get parking spot there. But not $30 like they charge at the Ex, and that parking is still full.
MonctonMan wrote: How about the Oshawa Centre (huge mall), or the smaller midtown mall. Alternatively, there are plenty of residential streets.
Do most streets not have "No Panam parking" signs? The boxing starts at 7pm, so too late to park at the mall.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2010
1191 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
you know that the pan am is making parking even at yorkdale so hectic that they got ppl posted asking whether you are going to take the subway or your intent at the venue lol .. i was rather surprised.
Feb 21, 2010
886 posts
262 upvotes
Scarborough
I hav two tickets for boxing gold medal final games for Saturday 7pm, can give them at face value
Please let me know if you want them