• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2011 1:49 am
[OP]
Sep 30, 2010
69 posts
2 upvotes
ontario

ing debit card

i remember reading somewhere that you can use your ing card as a debit card. Does anyone know about this?
8 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18685 posts
3305 upvotes
GTA West
timex15 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2010 8:50 pm
i remember reading somewhere that you can use your ing card as a debit card. Does anyone know about this?

The ING debit card is interac-enabled. This means you can use it at point of sale for debit.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
[OP]
Sep 30, 2010
69 posts
2 upvotes
ontario
from what account would it take funds out of my account i have 4 saving accounts. I just called ing and the girl said no it cant be used for debit but im not sure she knows
[OP]
Sep 30, 2010
69 posts
2 upvotes
ontario
i remember reading it somewhere oh well
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18685 posts
3305 upvotes
GTA West
Jon Lai wrote:
Jan 15th, 2011 12:12 am
Hm, I don't have an ING debit card for my account. Am I supposed to request one?

You get one automatically if you have a THRiVE account.

If you want a debit card for your regular savings account (which also supports Interac) then you have to phone them and ask for one.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Aug 8, 2006
76 posts
2 upvotes
I requested one years ago from their website for the saving accounts. I don't think you can use it as a debit card, at least i didn't read anything like that when I discovered this card option in their FAQ page. I never used the card. I think you can only use it to take money out of their ING ATM which is so rare anyway.
Mar 23, 2004
38235 posts
4359 upvotes
Markham
i recall being told that the ing isa cannot be used for debit purchases as well, though i havent tried it since i never use debit for purchases.
"Between a high, solid wall and an egg that breaks against it, I will always stand on the side of the egg.

Yes, no matter how right the wall may be and how wrong the egg is, I will stand with the egg."

#StandwithHK #5DemandsNot1Less