• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2011 1:49 am
[OP]
Sep 30, 2010
69 posts
2 upvotes
ontario

ing debit card

i remember reading somewhere that you can use your ing card as a debit card. Does anyone know about this?
8 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18877 posts
3534 upvotes
GTA West
timex15 wrote: i remember reading somewhere that you can use your ing card as a debit card. Does anyone know about this?

The ING debit card is interac-enabled. This means you can use it at point of sale for debit.
[OP]
Sep 30, 2010
69 posts
2 upvotes
ontario
from what account would it take funds out of my account i have 4 saving accounts. I just called ing and the girl said no it cant be used for debit but im not sure she knows
[OP]
Sep 30, 2010
69 posts
2 upvotes
ontario
i remember reading it somewhere oh well
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18877 posts
3534 upvotes
GTA West
Jon Lai wrote: Hm, I don't have an ING debit card for my account. Am I supposed to request one?

You get one automatically if you have a THRiVE account.

If you want a debit card for your regular savings account (which also supports Interac) then you have to phone them and ask for one.
Aug 8, 2006
76 posts
2 upvotes
I requested one years ago from their website for the saving accounts. I don't think you can use it as a debit card, at least i didn't read anything like that when I discovered this card option in their FAQ page. I never used the card. I think you can only use it to take money out of their ING ATM which is so rare anyway.