• Last Updated:
  • Apr 14th, 2021 1:16 am
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2010
1613 posts
822 upvotes
toronto

inground pool estimate

last year , mind you we were late to the party,,,we were looking to get an inground pool..but the demand was there, and they were to busy..
you think this season will be easier to get an inground pool done...with snow still in the ground,,,what month earliest is best to get estimate
No advertising in avatars or sigs
47 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12694 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
your best bet wrote: last year , mind you we were late to the party,,,we were looking to get an inground pool..but the demand was there, and they were to busy..
you think this season will be easier to get an inground pool done...with snow still in the ground,,,what month earliest is best to get estimate
Most folks our way are booked for this season. So ASAP.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9502 upvotes
Winchester
Yup. Now would be good to reach out.
Upvoting respectful and helpful RFDers since 2007
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9924 posts
7087 upvotes
Mississauga
We lined up our pool installation the fall before. OP needs to get on this asap to get one installed this year.
Apr 14, 2009
461 posts
552 upvotes
Vaughan
Nope, I was chatting with my pool guy last week. He already has 72 deposits for this year. In a regular year, he does 50. He has added charges based on time. You want it in April, you pay estimate plus 13%, May is estimate plus 10%.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18179 posts
14175 upvotes
Toronto
book now for 2022
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12694 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
Swerny wrote: book now for 2022
My cousins booked late 2019 for Spring 2020 (VISIONARIES!) and they were delayed about 6 weeks. Said their pool guy was booking 2022 in April 2020. Ajax/Pickering area.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2153 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto
100k for concrete pool finished with marbelite.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1714 posts
719 upvotes
Vancouver
Why not get an above ground one? would it be cheaper?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9924 posts
7087 upvotes
Mississauga
Fantastical wrote: Why not get an above ground one? would it be cheaper?
Significantly cheaper. Like a tenth of the cost of an inground.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2008
1784 posts
1108 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: What if you slip them a $100 bill hand shake?
Will Probably need 200 of those to make it happen.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world... Those who understand binary and those who don't 💡
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5427 posts
5283 upvotes
GTA
UrbanPoet wrote: What if you slip them a $100 bill hand shake?
This is not Hanoi airport. They will laugh and you will look like a dummy. Good house, big pool job and owners treat workers to $100 lunches every day till job is finished, so your $100 will not get far. Plus Corona times = no handshakes.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
1362 posts
269 upvotes
Last October Pioneer Pools in Hamilton was booking in Spring 2022.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5897 posts
301 upvotes
GTA
I know Solda pools is starting up construction for 2021. I just had my pool installed by them (finished Nov 2020) and I wouldn't think of getting my pool done by any one else.... They do not subcontract any work. everything is done inhouse and work gets done without delay!!!! a lot of pool company subcontract a lot of the work and delays are inevitable!!!!. I paid $147K incl tax for 14x30 pool, 6 foot water feature and 7*7 inground jacuzzi along with a bit of concrete work along with all the equipment. Took them 9 straight weeks to compete the work!!!
Looks like my RFD account was recently hacked. I do not sell anything on RFD especially GC's.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4451 posts
2139 upvotes
Toronto
sunnybono wrote: I know Solda pools is starting up construction for 2021. I just had my pool installed by them (finished Nov 2020) and I wouldn't think of getting my pool done by any one else.... They do not subcontract any work. everything is done inhouse and work gets done without delay!!!! a lot of pool company subcontract a lot of the work and delays are inevitable!!!!. I paid $147K incl tax for 14x30 pool, 6 foot water feature and 7*7 inground jacuzzi along with a bit of concrete work along with all the equipment. Took them 9 straight weeks to compete the work!!!
147,000..... For a pool?

I was all gung ho about getting an inground pool when we bought our forever home. Started getting quotes and saw it consistently hovering around the $100K mark after landscaping work.

I just couldn't justify spending that much cash on something that gets MAYBE 5 months of the year of proper usability... Unless you're willing to pay an asinine amount of heating in the shoulder seasons.

So we decided to finish our basement instead based on the fact we can actually use it year 'round.

It's funny, when I was pool shopping, I heard from several friends something that always resonates with me: "there are 2 things you should never buy; a pool and a boat, but make friends with people who have them"

If lived somewhere in California, Arizona or the Caribbean, I think a pool is a no-brainer because it can be used all year and literally something you can jump in to without giving it much thought of "oh, did I have the heater on?"

Anyways, congrats on your pool, I'm sure it's wonderful at that price point. Looking at RE the past year, houses with pools were catching quite the premium in price given the pandemic and everyone looking for at home leisure.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12694 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
Repooc wrote: 147,000..... For a pool?
If I had a choice between the exact same houses, one with a pool and one without, I would take the one with the pool IF I knew the service history on it and who built it. Otherwise, I might actually reduce my bid for the house with a pool. And I LOVE pools... I friggin love them. I would swim more than the kids.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9924 posts
7087 upvotes
Mississauga
Repooc wrote: 147,000..... For a pool?
To be fair that’s more than just “a pool”. Adding in a jacuzzi, fancy patio, etc. and the price will jump.

But, you’re probably not incorrect to budget $100k for a standard inground pool and patio installation. At least in the GTA.