Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Innovation Credit Union

$300 sign up bonus for no fee banking account with Innovation Credit Union (not Quebec)

Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
tofinoguy wrote: For one, bill payments can be made later in the day and still be processed same day.
Simplii cut off is around 6pm Eastern.
ICU cut off is around 10:30pm Saskatchewan time.
Not sure when Tangerine is.
For me Tangerine is the worst in timing, like some days I found I had to make payment same day and went in around 10:30am and it post dated to next day, good thing I have TD as a backup so it makes it right away BUT I'm relived to know Innovation has this great cut off time, will need to test it out for sure.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
letterschen wrote: still disagree u .

Look to the world with so much unfairness , you don't have to be a judge for those ....

take your profit , and go .

if it is not you , someone else would take $300.

it is a marketing approach for ICU. ICU IS WELL POSITIONING FOR CLIENTs LEAVING.

PLUS , ICU CHANGED THE $50 referral bonus T&C after the same promo is already starting...

it is not fair for us , who already did the referral .

Be mature, dude
this attitude is not very 'Canadian-like', immature, and of course, a newbie (I guessed correctly, an RFD vet would just shut up, go on, and not embarrass him/herself with a selfish view such as this).
we try to support small local ('each other') esp in this pandemic (vs. the big 5 banks), which is the view of most others on here.

don't get me wrong, even if Scotiabank gives me 1000, id still leave them after the promo. they don't 'need' my business.
Feb 12, 2014
109 posts
344 upvotes
Are they closed today?

I've been getting a busy signal all morning.
Aug 21, 2019
830 posts
609 upvotes
BC
Seanne wrote:
this attitude is not very 'Canadian-like', immature, and of course, a newbie (I guessed correctly, an RFD vet would just shut up, go on, and not embarrass him/herself with a selfish view such as this).
we try to support small local ('each other') esp in this pandemic (vs. the big 5 banks), which is the view of most others on here.

don't get me wrong, even if Scotiabank gives me 1000, id still leave them after the promo. they don't 'need' my business.
I feel so guilty taking 300$ from this tiny credit union that I'm considering banking with them despite living in BC.

Darla sent me a personal welcome letter and I'm straight up too embarassed to respond.

Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
2379 posts
4561 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
Checked the mail today and see ICU sent a Happy Holidays greet card along with a pen "as a token of our appreciation". Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Jan 3, 2007
458 posts
261 upvotes
My second pull occurred on the Dec 24th, and I haven't gotten my $300 yet. I read that everyone here seem to have gotten their $300 on the 23rd, did anyone get it after the 23rd?

Yeah I got that pen and card in the mail too, but all I want for Christmas is...$300.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2017
2607 posts
2703 upvotes
My first pull didn't work from my cell phone provider and it ended up charging my credit card instead. I only have this month for two charges. Are there any easy possible bill payments I can make twice within one month? I will very much appreciate some help from anyone. I've read through the posts and noticed that people have used Tangerine and PayTM. Is it possible to do either twice in one month?
Last edited by krispy4 on Jan 4th, 2021 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2017
2607 posts
2703 upvotes
oceanus2020 wrote: Got my $300 today.
I did 2 bill payments by initiating from ICU (push).
hmm, I'd spoken with a service rep and was told it has to come from the bill company. Is this all you did? Directly from the ICU website?
Sep 14, 2009
982 posts
670 upvotes
Kingston
krispy4 wrote: hmm, I'd spoken with a service rep and was told it has to come from the bill company. Is this all you did? Directly from the ICU website?
I was under the original terms and did two bill payments from ICU side several weeks ago and no $300 (have not completed my 2nd PAD yet.)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8541 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
krispy4 wrote: My first pull didn't work from my cell phone provider and it ended up charging my credit card instead. I only have this month for two charges. Are there any easy possible bill payments I can make twice within one month? I will very much appreciate some help from anyone. I've read through the posts and noticed that people have used Tangerine and PayTM. Is it possible to do either twice in one month?
Both is NOT going to work as a PAD. The best option you have for now is do 1 DD. That is all you need to get $300.
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11665 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
Tonerbox wrote: My second pull occurred on the Dec 24th, and I haven't gotten my $300 yet. I read that everyone here seem to have gotten their $300 on the 23rd, did anyone get it after the 23rd?

Yeah I got that pen and card in the mail too, but all I want for Christmas is...$300.
The term say within 30 days of you meeting the requirements, so you’ve got until January 24th to wait.
May 9, 2005
181 posts
193 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
coolintheshade wrote: The term say within 30 days of you meeting the requirements, so you’ve got until January 24th to wait.
My second pull was on December 10th. Expecting my $300 this week or by the 11th at the latest.
Jan 3, 2007
458 posts
261 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote: The term say within 30 days of you meeting the requirements, so you’ve got until January 24th to wait.
Thanks, I supposed I can wait till after Jan 24th to bug them about it.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1470 posts
1294 upvotes
Toronto
Did not a get a free pen, instead a phone pop socket thing.
Still no $300 - all conditions met.
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11665 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
thenetstud wrote: My second pull was on December 10th. Expecting my $300 this week or by the 11th at the latest.
My second pull was In November, and I’m still waiting.
Good to see I’m not alone.
May 1, 2019
775 posts
3419 upvotes
Smithers, BC
Sorry for the repeat question, but I've combed pages and couldn't find the answer back--does anybody know if/how long the account needs to remain open?

EDIT: Found my own answer. $30 if closed within 180 days of opening (see attached snip).
Capture.PNG
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1174 posts
600 upvotes
Vancouver
So I called again today and now they said I don't qualify because my deposit doesn't show up as payroll. Err . They sent off to marketing team to look into again . I will check back tomorrow when they are in .
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
4795 posts
3847 upvotes
GTA
Anyone else just get a “thank you for your referral” email? They said they will be depositing $50 in my account (not in there yet).

I thought you couldn’t get both promos...hmmm

Edit - Got all 3 referrals!
Last edited by ADRiiAN` on Jan 6th, 2021 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 11, 2009
500 posts
787 upvotes
BC
Yes, just got this email today and received $50 referral bonus.

“We've deposited your referral bonus!
As a thank you, we've deposited $50 for each successful referral you made to us into your Member Rewards Account .”

Great credit union!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)