Shopping Discussion

Inpost Locker Service for receiving packages but also sending packages between lockers...

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2017 8:53 pm
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA

Inpost Locker Service for receiving packages but also sending packages between lockers...

Some of you may have heard or used this before. I just placed my first order using it as I placed on order on Newegg and I saw it as an option to avoid shipping charges. I don't mind going somewhere to pick it up because where I work our offices aren't open 9 to 5 all of the time so if someone isn't around it saves the hassle of having to redeliver. The "locker" is only a 5 minute drive away.

https://inpost24.ca/

What I interesting is that there is a "send" option. There is an option that you can "Send" to the same locker (I guess if you have someone that is coming to pick something up from you and you don't have time to wait around from them or you are doing an online deal and don't want to meet them). But, there is also an option to do Locker to Locker delivery. That is $4.99 and it seems to work across their network . So, could you get a package delivered across Canada for $4.99? Has anyone done this before? Seems like it could be a good way to do BST deals going forward.
Last edited by YLSF on Feb 23rd, 2017 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
from https://inpost24.ca/en/faq#faq_locker-to-locker

How does Locker to Locker work?

Our Locker to Locker service is a new shipping method for Canadians to send parcels. Instead of overpriced courier services, you can send a parcel from one InPost Parcel Locker to another. Just select the origin and destination InPost Parcel Locker, print the label, and drop off the parcel at the origin locker. InPost will then deliver the parcel to the other locker. As soon as the item arrives in your selected delivery locker your recipient will be notified via email and SMS that their delivery is waiting for them with pickup available 24/7! (Hint: we also allow you to “ship” your parcel to the same Locker compartment that you dropped it. Great for holding something securely at a convenient location to be picked up later.)
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
YLSF wrote: Some of you may have heard or used this before. I just placed my first order using it as I placed on order on Newegg and I saw it as an option to avoid shipping charges. I don't mind going somewhere to pick it up because where I work our offices aren't open 9 to 5 all of the time so if someone isn't around it saves the hassle of having to redeliver. The "locker" is only a 5 minute drive away.

https://inpost24.ca
Why do you have Canada Post in your thread title?
InPost Canada is not related to Canada Post

Canadian company InPost ready to challenge Canada Post for package mail
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener ... -1.3678689
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
tk1000 wrote: Why do you have Canada Post in your thread title?
InPost Canada is not related to Canada Post
My mistake. I have edited now.
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
tk1000 wrote: from https://inpost24.ca/en/faq#faq_locker-to-locker

How does Locker to Locker work?
Yeah, I saw that but I guess my question is more "how well does it work practically" and curious if anyone here has used it. I wonder what kind of delivery standard there really is on this. It seems like a great deal, almost at the "too good to be true" level compared to regular shipping rates (even parcel post).

They also show a video from the UK system where it shows you giving the package to a "carrier".. That is why I thought it was related to Canada Post here but it isn't.
Feb 10, 2008
656 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
YLSF wrote: So, could you get a package delivered across Canada for $4.99?
This does seem pretty cool...but looking at their map, it only shows locker locations around the GTA and Hamilton, Kitchener and Waterloo. Not sure you could send it across Canada right now...or not even to Ottawa for that matter.

I've seen a locker right down the street from where I work, but I rarely see any stores that actually deliver to them so I wasn't quite sure of the point.
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
mrwally wrote: This does seem pretty cool...but looking at their map, it only shows locker locations around the GTA and Hamilton, Kitchener and Waterloo.
Ah, yeah, I guess I should have looked at the map closer. I had just assumed it was available further away as well.
I should be picking up my package in the next day or two, I will post back about my experience.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2003
5068 posts
5010 upvotes
Toronto
I've been using InPost for Newegg.ca shipments for over a year now (maybe 10 shipments), and it's great. Hopefully, it stays free.
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
Just an update. I picked up my package on Saturday morning. Took me like 20 seconds (the first scan of my QR code didn't work, had to pull the phone further back). It was very easy to use, will definitely keep an eye out for other companies that ship with it and use the service more going forward.
May 28, 2004
834 posts
140 upvotes
Milton
My experience has been that if you want things quick, pay the extra $ for CP. I ordered Monday morning and going to a box in Oakville. Newegg picked it Monday and CP would have been able to do that delivery in a day coming Tuesday. There is no real tracking other than 'on its way'. So if you can wait a few days, its probably great, but I'm going a little crazy waiting here. :)
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4622 upvotes
GTA
It'll be 'great' when these lockers are in high traffic areas like in or around Union station and a terrorist figures out they can just leave a bomb in there. This is the reason you don't get temporary lockers in malls etc anymore.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)