Shopping Discussion

Inspired Home Decor Furniture - Caledonia (Hamilton)

• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2011 1:55 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
10124 posts
3226 upvotes
Ottawa

Inspired Home Decor Furniture - Caledonia (Hamilton)

Has anyone shopped here?

http://www.inspiredhomedecor.com/index. ... ippinginfo

The prices for some of the items look really attractive. They also indicate they will deliver in the Ottawa area.

Thanks for your feedback.
[removed]
4 replies
Deal Addict
May 17, 2004
1652 posts
78 upvotes
My husband and I shopped there for a coffee table ottomon. We had found the exact one we were looking for on their Kijiji ad. The Caledonia location was a bit far for us to drive too, but only this location is open on the weekends. They have a Toronto location (on Keele somewhere) too which is supposedly a much bigger showroom.

We had a pretty good experience. The staff was very friendly -- brought down the ottomon from the showroom and opened it up for us so we could inspect it before purchasing it. The Caledonia showroom is small, but nicely set up. They have some really nice things there and the prices on certain items are very reasonable.

Hope this helps!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
10124 posts
3226 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks for your feedback mocha, we are interested in buying this chaise

http://www.inspiredhomedecor.com/index. ... ts_id=1049

I have gone back to them with some more questions and hope to put in an order shortly. I am in Ottawa so unfortunately I won't be able to make it to either showrooms anytime soon but they do offer delivery for this region so hopefully everything will be OK. If everything works out to be $400 all in (including delivery fee), I'd be a happy camper. It's hard to find a stylish chaise for that price here in Ottawa.
[removed]
Deal Addict
May 17, 2004
1652 posts
78 upvotes
canabiz wrote: Thanks for your feedback mocha, we are interested in buying this chaise

http://www.inspiredhomedecor.com/index. ... ts_id=1049

I have gone back to them with some more questions and hope to put in an order shortly. I am in Ottawa so unfortunately I won't be able to make it to either showrooms anytime soon but they do offer delivery for this region so hopefully everything will be OK. If everything works out to be $400 all in (including delivery fee), I'd be a happy camper. It's hard to find a stylish chaise for that price here in Ottawa.
Very nice chaise! Good luck with your purchase :)
May 12, 2011
5 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I purchased a bed,and entertainment unit from this retailer,and I had nothing but trouble with the bed.The bed's leg design has damaged by expensive wood flooring because the base of the "support" legs are metal.These legs don't support the day to day use,and the slats keep falling out of the frame they're attached into.NEVER in all my years of owning the economy Scandinavian beds during university,and shortly after from Ikea has this happened,and they're about the same price point.Buyer beware :!: is all I'll say,it's unfortunate,but the owner as it turns out can't called back in months to find a solution,the distributor that sold the bed to Inspired "can't help :twisted: "I am now looking at buying another bed from another manufacturer,so in the end,I should've gone with one of my original $800 - $1200 beds,this uplift doesn't include the flooring I may have to fix when I sell my place. So, in the end, pay sub $500 up front, pay $1300 post because I chose the wrong product,and retailer :mad: