Site Comments & Suggestions

Instant notification on the app every time a new hot deal is posted

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2020 7:34 pm
[OP]
Member
Aug 16, 2010
353 posts
206 upvotes
Vancouver

Instant notification on the app every time a new hot deal is posted

every new thread instant notification on the phone as a pop up notification
8 replies
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
14525 posts
27260 upvotes
Scarborough
The amount of users who'd want every single Hot Deals thread pushed to their device is very low. Most days that would mean 60+ notifications, and on days like Prime Day it could easily hit 200+.

That being said, we are looking to improve the Deal Alerts feature by syncing that up with our app, and creating an option to receive push notifications to your devices. This way you'd only get things you're interested in pushed to your phone.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Member
Aug 16, 2010
353 posts
206 upvotes
Vancouver
TomRFD wrote: The amount of users who'd want every single Hot Deals thread pushed to their device is very low. Most days that would mean 60+ notifications, and on days like Prime Day it could easily hit 200+.

That being said, we are looking to improve the Deal Alerts feature by syncing that up with our app, and creating an option to receive push notifications to your devices. This way you'd only get things you're interested in pushed to your phone.
Thanks for the reply,
Looking forward to the push notification.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 16, 2004
18861 posts
6444 upvotes
Toronto
This would be a sick feature though, I gotta admit lol

I'm not sure I'd subscribe unless it's Black Friday / Boxing Day
RedFlagDeals Addict
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
14525 posts
27260 upvotes
Scarborough
DaVibe wrote: This would be a sick feature though, I gotta admit lol

I'm not sure I'd subscribe unless it's Black Friday / Boxing Day
We're hoping to make it so that you can really dial in your alerts to prevent being flooded by alerts (unless that's what you actually wanted).
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2003
1204 posts
399 upvotes
YVR
TomRFD wrote: We're hoping to make it so that you can really dial in your alerts to prevent being flooded by alerts (unless that's what you actually wanted).
Sorry haven't followed thread - but is there a feature to follow your favourite member who posts ? Not necessarily in just deals but other forums too? That would be great.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
14525 posts
27260 upvotes
Scarborough
Charles wrote: Sorry haven't followed thread - but is there a feature to follow your favourite member who posts ? Not necessarily in just deals but other forums too? That would be great.
There's no current way to follow/subscribe to a user but I can see how that might be useful for some members. Start a new thread requesting that feature and if it gets enough positive feedback, we can consider it for a future update.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 16, 2004
18861 posts
6444 upvotes
Toronto
I could almost see that as an extension on 'subscribe' where you subscribe to the thread or the user ... not bad, not bad.

But then you'll miss something if your favourite poster is not the one to post it lol

I usually subscribe to their threads and look for their posts at the moment.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
14525 posts
27260 upvotes
Scarborough
DaVibe wrote: I could almost see that as an extension on 'subscribe' where you subscribe to the thread or the user ... not bad, not bad.

But then you'll miss something if your favourite poster is not the one to post it lol

I usually subscribe to their threads and look for their posts at the moment.
Some forum software allow you to natively do this, but unfortunately ours doesn't so I couldn't easily just turn it on to test out. There's plenty of deal contributors here who I'd call "subscription worthy" plus many other members in our discussion forums who often contribute great content. Just last week I had a lurker reach out to me asking how they could be alerted to when the "Costco guy" posts his weekly thread. :lol:
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].

Top